Thursday, October 2, 2008

Thursday

We slept with our windows open last night because it has gotten so nice and cool. I think it got down to 45 degrees! It was downright chilly this morning! And the day turned out so pretty. Since I am out in the "mobile units", I get to keep my door open all day and the sunshine and cool breezes are so refreshing. We have some park benches right outside our door. Today when our kids were changing classes for math, I just went out there and sat down and just enjoyed the weather for about 5 minutes between classes. So great!!

For dinner I made soup, salad, and bread. (I love Pepperidge Farm Italian bread. And it only takes 5 minutes to heat up!) This soup is one of my family's favorites so I thought I'd share it with you. If you like a good, hearty soup on a fall night you should try it!

Sausage Corn Chowder

1 lb. spicy Italian sausage
7-8 small red potatoes, cubed
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cans chicken broth
1 can creamed corn
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 can evaporated milk

Brown sausage and onion together adding garlic when it is almost done. Add chicken stock and potatoes. Boil for about 15 minutes with lid on until potatoes are tender.

Add corn and evaporated milk along with salt and pepper to taste.


I think this soup is even better the next day!

Tonight we watched the debate.


I thought Sarah Palin did a great job! I am interested to see what the media will have to say! I bet she was so nervous, but it didn't show. I liked how she talked straight into the camera! It was fun to watch.

Looking forward to Friday...have a good night!

6 comments:

  1. I thought Sarah did a great job, didn't you? I just felt lead to pray for her because I knew the media was just waiting to "jump" on her if she made any mistake (or not)!

    We have had 47degree weather this morning and just a couple of beautiful fall days this week!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog through Jacquie's. I will have to try this recipe...I have a great taco soup recipe and I like to make chili a lot in the winter, but I will definitely have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought Sarah Palin did great!! I keep thinking... that girl is about MY age and in that position. Overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful that you were able to enjoy the beautiful weather between classes ;)!

    That recipe sounds diving ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am enjoying this cool weather, too, and LOVE sleeping with the windows open.

    That chowder recipe sounds delish! I love any kind of corn chowder.

    As for Sarah, I was proud of her, too. I cannot even imagine how nervous she must have been, but she came across very confident. What I love about her is that she seems like "one of us" and she's not "Washington". I would love to sit down over a cup of Starbuck's and just chat with her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my gosh!! I loved the picture of Ashley's face. I started crying. I know how happy that this makes her. We love her just like our own.

    candy and family

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)