Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sneak Peek Weekend

Steve and I have had a really nice weekend. It's kind of been a preview of our life this time next year with no kids...a little sneak peek into the future! It's actually been really fun! :)

Friday night we went to dinner at Steve's parents' house. His aunt and uncle were in town from Mississippi so we went over to visit with them and eat his mom's spaghetti! Then we headed over to Sun Valley High School to see my nephew, Bryson, play football. It was their homecoming and Bryson and my niece, Brianna, were both on the court. They have homecoming kings and queens at their school! Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of Bryson, but Steve got some cute pictures of Brianna with my brother, Blake.(It was dark, so the pictures didn't come out very well.) We were so proud of both of them!




Then today, I got some school work done that I have been backed up on, so I am happy about that. And Steve vacuumed for me and did laundry! I know...I'm spoiled! We went to lunch together today, too.

Tonight my brother Blake and sister-in-law, Angie, had us over for dinner with my other brother Brent, and his wife Britney. Angie went all out which was so sweet. She had a beautiful table set for us.




And our meal was delicious! She made this yummy salad with mandarin oranges and pecans and dried cranberries and crumbled blue cheese. Then she did a pork tenderloin with gravy, homemade macaroni and cheese, green beans, rolls and apple cobbler with vanilla ice cream. It was all so good.


We had a lot to talk about tonight...one of which is that Brent and Britney are expecting a baby in May!!! (Brent has a bandage on his nose in this picture.)


We've known for a while, but they have been keeping it a secret until now. We are so excited for them. They already have a precious little girl, Bailey, so she is going to be a great big sister! Britney has been pretty sick, though. That's no fun!

We always have fun with Blake and Angie. We stayed over there for a long time just talking away and catching up and hanging out.





Tomorrow Laura and Lindy are coming back home. They have had a really fun weekend, too. I can't wait to hear all about it.

5 comments:

Ginger said...

Sounds like y'all had a great time with your family. Yummy dessert!

Ginger :)

petrii said...

MMMM That food sounds delish!!!!! And you and Steve look so cute ~~ I love your layered shirts (I know that's random, but just love that look
:-) So glad you had fun.

Have a Blessed Lord's day, Dawn

MiMi said...

Looks like ya'll had a wonderful weekend! I'm glad that you got to spend some time with your family.

Congratulations to Brent and & Britney!

Great pictures of everyone!

Meagan said...

Hey girl! I am glad you and Steve had such a great weekend! You two are so cute and such a great, well-rounded couple!!!! That dinner sounds fab!!! I think it's neat that y'all got together with family just to hang out, with no special occasion.. just because!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I love that you and your family are so close ;)!