Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Purple Roses and Other Perks

One of the best parts of being a teacher is the sweet things that the kids do for you sometimes. Today...for no reason at all...I got these beautiful purple roses!


They just sat on my desk all day making me happy and smelling so good. And this little cutie pie is who gave them to me.


And just a few days ago I got this cute Halloween bag of Lindor truffles!


It's the little things that mean alot and make the long hours worth it.

On a totally different subject, we got some very sad news last night. Steve's brother, Mike, had to put his beloved dog, Ginger, to sleep yesterday. He has had Ginger forever. She was a lab and I'm not sure exactly when he got her, but I know it's been many years ago...back when my kids were really little. Ginger has been his friend and faithful companion and such a sweet dog. We all loved her.


She got cancer back during the summer and it finally got so bad that he had to put her down. I know he is heartbroken. Please say a little prayer for him. It might seem silly to some people to be so sad over just a dog, but if you've ever had to put a dog to sleep, you know how heartwrenching it is! We had to put our Jack Russell, Petey, to sleep a few years ago and it was awful. We all cried our eyes out. It just takes time to get over it.

Hope you are having a good week!

9 comments:

Jacquie said...

I'm so sorry about your brother-in-laws dog. We had to have our Jack Russell/Shi Tsu down a few years ago... and it IS hard!

How thoughtful your class is!!

Becky said...

What beautiful roses, I've never seen purple ones. Sorry to hear about Ginger.

Christal said...

what beautiful roses and a great idea I should do that for Kolt's teacher! Sorry about your bil's dog how sad! well have a good rest of the week! ttys

Megan L Hutchings said...

Those roses are absolutely beautiful! I love purple ;)!

I am so sorry to hear about your brother in law's dog. They are just like family members so I understand the sadness.

petrii said...

Oh that is so sad. I'm sorry sory about your BIL's dog.

Your flowers are beautiful. What a cutie!!

Have a Blessed evening,
Dawn

Holly said...

That is too bad about your bil's dog. What wonderful students you have, I bet they just LOVE you to pieces!

Meagan said...

Sad doggie stories just tear me up! They really do become a part of the family!!!

Your flowers are beautiful! Kids are so sweet... even in middle school! lol

MiMi said...

Oh, Betsy, I am so sorry to hear about Ginger. I have been through that several times and it is heart-wrenching, as you said. Labs are such great companions and I know that Mike will have a huge void for awhile.

On a lighter subject, the purple roses are absolutely beautiful, just like the precious little one that gave them to you! How rewarding it must be to be a teacher.

Lauren said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Ginger. I am saying a prayer for your brother in law. Dogs are like a part of the family.