Wednesday, October 8, 2008

It's The Little Things

Little things to be happy about today...

1. My principal observed me today and it went really well! Whew! I'm so glad to have that over with!! I always get so nervous when I get observed. She was very complimentary and said I did a great job with the lesson she watched, though! Yay!


2. Mark and Ashley are coming home for fall break! I love having them home. :)


3. My custodian, James, bought me a coke and brought it to me first thing this morning. He knows that's how I always start my day. That was so sweet!


4. I wore my cute new argyle sweater that I got from Target today. I love new, cheap clothes!


5. I am having so much fun playing games with my class on my SmartBoard. I went to a workshop last week and learned some cool new things and I have already been able to put the ideas to work. The class doesn't even feel like they are learning and they are loving it. They come in each day and ask if we are going to play games today??


And, this has nothing to do with anything, but I saw this picture online tonight and I added it to my list of happy things (and little things!). Is this not the cutest puppy?? I used to have dachsunds when I was growing up, so I guess they are extra cute to me! :)

8 comments:

  1. Betsy,
    So glad it went well today with your principal. YAY for the kids being home this weekend.
    And that is the cutest dog!!

    Blessings to you friend,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all knew you'd do well with the principal.

    I'm so thrilled for you that your kids will all be home with you.

    That James is a keeper! How thoughtful of him.

    The argyle sweater is so cute. I love it when it's time to pull out the sweaters!!

    Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you got observations out of the way! I'm only getting walk-throughs, so i'm good! :) I LOVE my promethean board(Competition for smart board!) and the kids really enjoy using them in class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little things that make us happy ;)!

    That sweater is so cute...Target here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad your observation went well, although I just KNOW anything you do, you do it well.

    That sweater is super cute and so you.

    Have fun with M & A while they are on break!

    Isn't a job more fun when you work with nice people! How sweet of James.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey girl! Okay... I am so so glad your observation went well today! I don't have another formal observation for three years, but I remember when I was trying to get tenure that I got nervous every time even though I always got rave reviews! I am extra glad your babies are coming home for fall break - I know you'll enjoy that!! Good Custodians and Cheap Cute Clothes can't be beat! And... I am impressed with the smart board! We have one, but I haven't used it yet!!!! Cute puppy picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed your "Happy List"! So glad your observation went well. I know that you must be very excited about Mark and Ashley coming home for Fall break and what a sweet custodian to remember that you start your day with a Coke! It's the simple things, isn't it?
    I LOVE the sweater from Target. I know those colors must have looked amazing on you!

    Glad you're having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the new sweater! Cheap clothes are the best. It usually means you can get more! :) It was refreshing to read your happy list. We all need to do that to keep things in perspective.

    Have fun with your family this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)