Saturday, October 4, 2008

Fall Decorating and Hot Fudge Sundaes

It's so funny because ever since school started, sleeping until 8:00 is considered sleeping late! So I slept late today! :) And I got so much done today. I got to work in my yard today like I have been wanting to. I decorated my front porch and got my fall wreath on the door.






We also pulled up our summer flowers and put out some pansies.


And I even cleaned bathrooms, did laundry, and got my nails done.

Tonight we went out to dinner with Steve's family. Afterwards we went and got some ice cream at Baskin Robbins. When Steve and I were in high school we both worked at Baskin Robbins. In fact, we had our first kiss in the walk in freezer at Baskin Robbins!! And every night when we got off of work, we would always make ourselves a treat. We both loved the same thing...a scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream with hot fudge and nuts! Mmmmmm....that was the BEST! So, tonight, in honor of our old Baskin Robbin days, we had to split a mint chocolate chip hot fudge sundae with nuts.




The taste of that just brought back so many memories! It was fun.

I have had Baby Mama since last weekend and I finally got to watch it tonight with my girls.


Steve wanted to watch football on another TV. I thought it was really funny, but the whole time I was watching Tina Fey, I couldn't help but think about Sarah Palin!! It was a fun day today. I hope you're having a good weekend!

10 comments:

  1. My mom will be here next week... I'm going to have her help me pull down my fall decorations from the attic (thanks for the motivation!). That is HILARIOUS your first kiss was in the walk-in freezer. So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Baskin Robbins story is so cute! I love your fall decorations!
    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy! I've been so missing getting to read your blog. I had no idea how busy I would get when Evan started school! I think about you sometimes and wonder how you did it when all four were in school at the same time!

    Your decorations looks beautiful! How did you get your wreath up on the glass of your door without using one of those hanger that go over the top of the door? Our front door has glass, too, and I would love to ditch that old hanger.

    How sweet you guys had a treat that reminded you of your dating years. You two are just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your wreath. Did you make it or buy it?
    Cute story about Baskin Robbins. Sounds like you guys have been married forever just like us. It's getting to be a bit rare these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW you really had a productive day --even after "sleeping in"! I love all of your Fall decorations. I finally got my wreath and decorations up this weekend, too, but I haven't gotten as far as pulling all my Summer flowers up yet. Maybe next weekend!

    What a cute story about your first kiss being in the walk-in freezer. Mint chocolate chip ice cream sounds really yummy right now.

    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your weekend sounds like tons of relaxing fun time! Glad it was a good one! Loved the wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just dropped in from Leigh Ann's blog and LOVED IT! Love the Baskin Robbins story, reading back the soup sounds awesome and Friday night star gazing we will have to try! Thanks for sharing everything. I really enjoyed reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great...hope to finish mine this week! I love the Baskin Robbins story.

    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love seeing everyone's fall decor ;)!

    Mint Chocolate Chip is one of my favs too. I think it is so sweet you shared your first kiss in the freezer ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your fall decorations are so nice. I wish I had the talents that all you bloggers have!! I'm missing the flower/plant gene, I think.

    I never pass up a chance to get mint chocolate chip ice cream... I won't hardly even try another flavor cuz I don't want to miss out on the mint chip.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)