Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Day At The Farm

Our Sunday School class had a little get together today at the home of some friends of ours. They have about 200 acres of land in South Carolina (about an hour from here) and they were sweet enough to let us use their house for the day. We had the best time!!

First of all...when we drove up, this is what we saw! Is it not gorgeous?


We got some Bojangles chicken and everyone brought side items to go with it, one of which was homemade salsa that was so good I think I could have eaten it just for my main meal! haha When I get the recipe I will share it with you! So, of course, what is a Baptist get-together without tons of covered dish food? We decided to eat first, then play.



After that, all the girls just hung out on the porch chatting while the guys (and a girl or two) played a game of football.








Steve was in hog heaven. He told me that was the most fun he's had in at least a month or two!??? (That guy loves to be doing something every minute! He can't sit still.)

Then we headed down to the zip line. I have never been on a zip line before, but I did it today and it was so much fun! Here I am right before going down.


Even my parents did it! Yay for my dad being 70 and trying a zip line! :)



We also had a pumpkin carving contest.





The winner won a Starbucks gift card. I wish I would have taken a picture of the finished products! They turned out really cute. The winners had carved two wolves howling at the moon! Impressive!

This house was just so gorgeous, I just wanted to walk around taking pictures of it. I think I am having house envy. ;) Here are some that I took.











In the basement, there was a big screen tv and a pool table, so that's where we ended up at the end of the day. Anyway...it was a really fun time with all the sweet couples in our Sunday School class!

10 comments:

Cindy said...

That house is beautiful! Looks like a fun day!

petrii said...

Wow that is one cool house!!!!! Oh I may have to try a zip line ~~ that looks like so much fun.

I'm glad you had a great day of fellowship.

Have a Blessed Lord's day,
Dawn

MiMi said...

Looks like a great day of food, fun and fellowship! And what an awesome house! I LOVE log homes.

Faith said...

Wow! That house is awesome!! It looks like the perfect place for a Sunday school social!

Leigh Ann said...

That home is AMAZING, and how sweet that your friends let you host there! I would LOVE to do a zip line. That looks super fun! Oh, and nothing better than a Baptist covered dish fellowship! They are the best!

Nancy said...

Sounds like yall had fun! Thanks for sharing!!

Becky said...

I'm having house envy with you! LOL!

Megan L Hutchings said...

What a beautiful home and a FANTASTIC way to spend the weekend ;)!

I love that you had a pumpkin carving contest...very unique!

patsyd said...

Betsy, you are too much. I am soooo glad you all had a great time at the farm and that you liked the house. You are invited back any time!!! Patsy

Meagan said...

What a great day and an AMAZING home! Wow!