Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Children

I know this quote is a little "deep", but I saw it today and I just liked it. It rang true to me both as a mother and a teacher! If you have children, I bet you can relate!

"Children are not soul-less, unguided creatures made for adults to manipulate like chattel. They are spirited beings, complete at every given moment and age. They have differentiated minds, specialized abilites and unique gifts that give testimony to themselves and their Creator. Children look to us for guidance. And they see us as symbols of love and hate, truth and deceit, selflessness and selfishness, and good and evil.....Children are not our subordinates. They are our co-conspiriators - breathing the same pneuma as us and contributing to a world far beyond present comprehension. Ultimately, in our webs of relationships, it is the children who will write, rewrite, and edit our scripts of life."
-Anthony Gregorc




We had dinner tonight at a place that is new here. I have only been to it once before. It's called Noodles and Company. It was really good. I had Bangkok Curry noodles with shrimp. And I saw on MSN.com today that it is ranked as one of the healthiest quick dining restaurants in America! So yay for that!

Tomorrow night Steve and Laura and Lindy and I are going to the NC State vs. Florida State football game in Raleigh AND I am off on Friday!! Another yay!!! I know we are going to have so much fun. I'll tell you all about it when we get back! :)

9 comments:

  1. That is such a great quote ;)! Being a mom and a wife of a teacher, it definitely rings true!!!

    I hope you have fun at the game ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great quote! I hope that ya'll have a great time at the game tonight and enjoy your Friday off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great weekend. Sounds like it is going to be fun. Yay for a day off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that quote.

    Hope y'all have a great family weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quote was gorgeous and so so true! Loved it bunches and bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noodles and Co. looks delicious! I want to try it.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have a great weekend!! Have lots of fun with your family. Yes, we are living with his parents right now until we can figure out our future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS. Have you ever been to Nothing But Noodles? It is on the corner of Rea and Ballantyne Commons in Stonecrest Plaza. We LOVED that place and miss it horribly. You should try it if you haven't already.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl...I LOVE Noodles & Co. My kids beg to eat there all the time.

    My favorite is the Penne Rosa with feta cheese, and their Wisconsin Mac and Cheese is heavenly. You gotta try it sometime!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)