Sunday, October 26, 2008

9+2+6+7=Lots of Good Stuff!

For some reason, I have gotten so much done this weekend. I guess with no real place to go and my kids being gone, I've gotten lots done, had fun, and gotten some rest in, too. THAT is the perfect weekend, right?

So...here is my productivity list: (9 Things)
1-swapped out my summer clothes for winter clothes
2-bagged up clothes to deliver to Goodwill
3-cleaned out my pantry
4-finished laundry
5-cleaned out and organized school files
6-graded end of quarter tests
7-wrote and mailed some thank you notes
8-grocery shopped
9-bought some new fall placemats and a new Yankee Candle...have you smelled the Iced Pumpkin??? It's a swirl of pumpkin pie and vanilla icing. It smells sooo good.

Now for two recipes:
Last weekend when I went to that day at the farm, I told you about some salsa that I tried that I would share the recipe for. I made some today with our chili. I love it because it is really light and I think I could practically eat my weight in it. So, here it is:

Fresh Salsa

2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cans corn, drained
1 container cherry tomatoes (quarter each tomato)
2 avocados, chopped
4 green onions, chopped

Dressing:
Mix the juice of four limes with about 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2 cloves of garlic, minced. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Toss veggies and dressing and serve with chips.


I hope you don't mind me sharing recipes all the time. I know this isn't a cooking blog, but I love new recipes, so I just thought I would share good ones with you, too.

Something else I made this weekend was Russian Tea. My whole family LOVES it and we drink it all fall and winter. Here is the recipe for it.

Russian Tea

2 cups Tang instant drink
1 cup instant tea with lemon
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon cloves

Mix all together and store in an air tight container. Add a few teaspoons to hot water and enjoy! (You just have to add enough until it tastes good to you!)




Laura and Lindy went to USC this weekend to visit Ashley. Chi-O was hosting a haunted house and needed volunteers to be in it, so Ashley volunteered Laura and Lindy! They went to a costume store to look for costumes to wear and brought back the funniest pictures they took while they were there. I just had to share six of them with you. They made me laugh out loud!








And, one more thing...my sweet blogging friend, Meagan, tagged me with a 7 random things list.



I am supposed to list 7 random facts about me. That is harder than it seems, since I feel like you already know alot about me just from reading this blog! Let me see....

1-My favorite color is PINK! But I seem to gravitate towards green and black (along with pink) in my wardrobe colors.


2-I get a manicure every couple of weeks, but I don't like pedicures at all! I don't like people touching my feet. :)


3-I am not a cat person. But I love dogs!!


4-One of the things I hope I can learn to do somewhere along the line is quilt! I would love to know how to do that.


5-One of the most interesting jobs I've ever had was when I worked in the Oral History Department at Baylor. It was the 150th birthday of the state of Texas and there were tons of recorded interviews with interesting people from all over the state that I got to listen to and transcribe for the Baylor library!


6-My two favorite places to go on a vacation or get-away are West Palm Beach, Florida


and NYC!


I always have the best time whenever I go to either one. My girls and I are actually planning a trip to NYC this spring! :)

7-I love cute little notecards and pretty stationary. I could browse around a store like Swoozie's for hours looking at all their unique stuff!



I tag anyone who would like to play! :)

8 comments:

Becky said...

Looks like the girls had a BLAST!!! Yummo on the recipes, I can't wait to try them. Not sure what Swoozie's is, but I do LOVE cute cards and stationery too! Have a wonderful week!

Lauren said...

I'm glad you had a productive weekend! Isn't Swoozies the most fun store!? I love to shop there.

Faith said...

You could definitely learn to quilt....it's not as hard as you think! I LOVE stationery too!

Angie said...

That salsa recipie sounds great!! I can't wait to try it.

Jacquie said...

Sounds like you had a special weekend. I love how much family time y'all have.

You and I are in the same boat - preparing for the Empty Nest. It's a different world, isn't it?

Meagan said...

Gotta love some costumes! Those picture were hee-larious!!!

Thanks for your 7 things... I'm with you on PINK and being a DOG person (no cats for me!!!!) and stationary/cards... but I LOVE a pedi! :-) Thanks for sharing!!!!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I am so glad that you had a fun and productive weekend...they are the BEST!

Those recipes sound YUMMY!

petrii said...

MMMM I want me some of that salsa. Gonna have to give that one a spin on a chip~~~ :o)

Your girls are so adorable in their get-ups. So what did they actually choose for their costumes?

What a GREAT list!!! I love stationery too.

Have a Blessed week, Dawn