Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Weekend

Weekends are so great! Wow-I forget how much I love them during the summer. But once school starts, I sure do appreciate them!! I especially love a weekend with nothing on the agenda which is how this weekend was! Lots of nothing to do is fine with me!

Here are my favorite moments from the past few days:

1. Eating Thai food with Steve on Friday night. It was so nice to just sit and talk together and eat that yummy thing I love there with basil and chili and chicken!


2. Sleeping late!

3. Seeing two of the kids in my class selling lemonade on the corner of my street. (Yes, two of my students live on my street!) That was so cute! The little monkey with them is our class mascot that Laura and Lindy made for me at Build-A-Bear. The class named him George and he gets to go home with a different student each weekend. Then they write about their weekend with him in a journal and share it with the class on Monday. The little girl in the picture got to take him home this weekend. Looks like George was having fun!


4. Eating lunch today with several couples in our Sunday School class. We haven't gotten together with them in a while, so that was fun!

5. Watching the Panthers win in the last two seconds of the game!!!!!! How exciting was that???!!! Loved it!


It was a nice weekend. Just too short...like all weekends are, right? Tomorrow is Monday again. Hope you have a great week!! :)

10 comments:

  1. Great recap! George the monkey is such a great idea. I bet you are the best teacher.

    We like Tai food too. Yummy.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Panthers win was incredible! I am glad you had a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a fast one here, too. What a great idea with George! How fun for the kids and they are learning in the process...writing about the weekend and speaking in front of the class. I LOVE it! I never had a lemonade stand that fancy! What a cute sign.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea ~~ sending a monkey home with a student each weekend!! I bet they love that. Oh and lemonade stands. I love it that there are parents who still let their kids to that. Too great!! Yep weekends go by to quickly. Have a GREAT week, Dawn

    PS YAY for 2 second wins and football season :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, the weekends with nothing on the agenda are the best weekends of all!

    I love George! When my son was in first grade, they had a stuffed frog that went home with a different student every weekend. I thought it was so fun to read the previous journal entries and see what kind of adventures that frog (can't remember his name) had!

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that there are still kids out there who sell lemondade...so adorable!

    Go Panthers! Titans won too so it was a great weekend ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the idea about George going home with each student! You must be an amazingly fun teacher!
    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Betsy! What a great weekend! I think all teachers forget how nice the weekends are during summer when we are on a perpetual weekend for two or three months! lol! Back to reality, huh? Sounds like your weekend was wonderful and well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  9. George is such a great idea! You must be a super fun teacher!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I heard about that Panthers game and thought of you!! What a great ending!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)