Saturday, September 13, 2008

Saturday

I love weekends, but the hardest thing about them is trying to fit in everything that needs to be done with trying to relax and recover from the week!

Yesterday was my planning day at school. The second grade team gets together for the whole day to plan, go out to lunch, etc. Yesterday was my first time together with this new team so I was looking forward to it. We have two ladies on the team who just happen to be sisters who are in their 50's (both grandmas). Then we have me and my sweet friend, Ginger, who are both in our 40's. And then two of the girls on the team are in their 30's. So it is a fun group.

Well, yesterday, one of the sisters, Jacki, decided to drive all of us out to lunch in her car. So we all piled in.


She has one of those big grandma cars. When she turned on the radio, she had the station turned to the local rock/rap/pop station that my teenagers listen to!!....and she had it cranked up! We all thought that was so funny. Then that song came on that goes, "Apple bottom jeans, boots with the fur...the whole club was lookin' at her..." I think it's called "Low"?? We all started dancing and just having the best time. I know it had to look crazy with a car full of women driving up to the restaurant with that music playing!! I think this team is going to be fun, though!! :)

Today I went shopping with Laura for some clothes she needs for her Carrousel Pageant. I ended up buying more than she did! I got some cute dresses and skirts that were on sale at Ann Taylor Loft.

On the way to the mall, my gas tank was on or a little below empty so I needed gas asap! I stopped at the first gas station on the way and they were completely out of gas! So I was hoping I could make it a little further to the next gas station down the road. When I got there, they were out of gas, too!! I finally found another gas station (barely on fumes by then!!) Hurrican Ike is even affecting us here!


Tonight was my brother Brent's 35th birthday. Here's the birthday boy with his wife, Britney.



We went to dinner at Carraba's. He is very busy with his job right now and travels alot, so I don't get to see him much. It was a lot of fun getting to celebrate with him tonight. Britney gave him these cool noise cancelling headphones that he can wear on the plane when he travels and it drowns out noise so you can read or sleep.


For some reason when some people put them on it makes them dizzy, and unfortunately that is what happened when he put them on. I tried them on and didn't get dizzy at all! I wish I had a pair sometimes! I love the sound of silence!

Tomorrow is church and the Panthers game! I was sorry that USC lost today!! Mark and Ashley went to the game and it was about 93 degrees and about 100% humidity. Mark sent me a text that said, "I'm roasting!!"

Hopefully tomorrow will truly be a day of rest. Today was fun, but I would love to slow down a little tomorrow! Have a great rest of your weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I never heard that about those noise reduction headphones. That's strange.

    I sure hope the gas situation settles down. We're awaiting IKE here in our neck of the woods tonight.

    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always hard to cram everything in to a weekend and get some rest and relaxation too! Sounds like you're having a fun weekend though!

    I am so glad you like your team! Nothing like cutting up with fellow teachers and having a good time! They sound like a great bunch of gals to work with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have loved to see your team drive up with that music playing and all of ya'll dancin'! Too funny! I am glad that you have such a good team and that ya'll have so much fun together.

    Glad you got some good stuff while shopping at Ann Taylor. They have some great sales, don't they?

    Try to get some rest today and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am cracking up picturing ya'll dancing in the car. How funny!

    I need to hit the Loft, I still have a little bit of a gift certificate that I can't believe has lasted this long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely understand! Weekends are so busy, but in the best kind of way. It sounds like you have a GREAT team!

    I laughed out loud about your team dancing ;)! It sounds like you are going to be working with a fun group of women ;)!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)