Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The New Normal

Our Labor Day weekend was so nice. Monday, Laura woke up and made us Ultimate Pancakes that she had seen on the Food Network on Tyler's Ultimate.


She made baked apples and bacon to go with it and it was delicious!! That was fun to wake up to!

We spent most of the day running errands and getting things done around the house. The weather was SO nice. I even sat on the porch to work on lesson plans. I love doing that!


I also went to lunch at Panera with my girls! Before Ashley left, Steve insisted that she go out in the yard and throw the football with him. Haha...she's good sport!


And, let me tell you, Mark is one of the luckiest guys around. He complains sometimes that he doesn't have a brother, but there ARE advantage to having three sisters! He gave them a list of stuff he wanted from Target and they went and bought it all for him!


(In his defense, he was working all day lifegaurding.) They even took him a hamburger to work for lunch!

While Mark was home, he got a new phone/Blackberry! Lucky!! He was SO excited about that!


Here he is in his new Gamecocks shirt.


Saying goodbye....sniff, sniff. The weekend went by too fast!


I was just telling a friend of mine today that it is such a good thing that I started back to school the Monday after I dropped him off at college. I was so sad that weekend and thought I would have a hard time concentrating on work and not being upset. But really that has helped me so much. I have been so busy that it has made the transition so much easier! I still miss my kids, but we have a new normal now and I feel like I'm already used to it.

5 comments:

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Sounds like you had a GREAT weekend?

I'm in the same boat...our daughter leaves this Sunday...flying to Maui for YWAM phase 2.

Where does the time go??

Megan L Hutchings said...

What a GREAT Labor Day ;)! As always it looks like you got tons accomplished. I am also happy that you are slowly adjusting to the new normal.

THOSE PANCAKES LOOK YUMMY!

Lindsey said...

The pancakes sound delish!

Ah...lesson plans. I do miss those a little:)

Glad you had a great long weekend)

Kellie DeLange said...

Those pancakes look super good!! It sounds like your Labor Day was nice and relaxing. I hope you are enjoying your new classroom and class! Halle just started school on Tuesday and she is liking it so far!
I'm with you-I can't wait for the cooler weather. I am excited for fall to get here. It's my favorite season!

Meagan said...

What a great weekend! I would LOVE to wake up to those pancakes - YUMO! You know me, I'm a food network junkie! I haven't seen that episode yet though, lol. I LOVE doing lesson plans outside too... or inside with the windows open... I have to get all spread out! :-)