Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Just For Fun...

Tonight was our Open House at school. It went really well. I hate talking in front of people, though. But the parents in my class are very supportive and helpful. I feel blessed to have them. I've been at school all day and all night...I was thinking about just bringing a blanket there and spending the night. Haha! Just kidding!

Now I'm back home watching Sarah Palin and the RNC. There is a book called Sarah, Plain and Tall that my kids read when they were in 3rd grade. So for some reason, I keep reading her name as Sarah Plain! I have enjoyed hearing what she had to say and especially watching her little girl (the one that looks about 8 or so??) holding that sweet little baby. The camera panned in on her as she was smoothing down the baby's hair. It was so cute...she licked her hand real big and then rubbed it on that little head. :) What a little mommy!


As I was sitting here watching, I started sort of planning in my head what I was going to wear tomorrow. It made me think about a website I saw this summer and had fun playing with.

Have you ever been to Polyvore.com? Warning: Only go if you have lots of free time (which I do not!) It's addictive.

If you have fun putting outfits together or creating and decorating your own "dream rooms", you would love playing around with it. Here are some examples of what I'm talking about. These are a few of the cute little ensembles that some members posted.




"

">




It's fun to get fashion ideas from other people...maybe you will see something you wouldn't have put together on your own. Plus if you're wondering how a certain shirt would look with a particular pair of pants or earrings or shoes, you can try it out here!!

Next time you have some free time, go give it a try! :) It's fun!

10 comments:

  1. Oh, that does look like fun! I'll have to try it. (Cute outfits!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That website looks great! I love the outfits. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy...I keep doing the same thing with Sarah Palin, and I was laughing so hard at her daughter when she smoothed her baby brother's hair down. Adorable, aren't they?

    Fun site! I'll have to check that out when I have more time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the fashion tip idea. Very cool.

    I too enjoyed listening to Sarah last night, and her little girl and boy...oh so sweet and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be so happy if you were Vance's teacher ;). I just adore you!

    What a cool web-site! Seeing as how I have no fashion sense, this web-site would be perfect ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to write myself a note and come back to visit that site! I love it!!!!!

    I nearly laughed out loud when I read your Sarah Plain and Tall. I was just telling Bryan about that book and how I want to say "Sarah Plan and Tall"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was so cute when they showed her fixing the little boys hair!

    Oh, I SO want that outfit with the red coat. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betsy,
    I was very impressed with Sarah Palin. She seems strong and confident ~~ and that little girl was ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!

    I'm gonna have to play around with this site. It looks like a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed Sarah Palin, also, and that was a precious shot that they caught of the little girl licking her hand and "styling" the baby's hair. Precious!
    I will have to check out that website when I have some time. It looks like it could be a lot of fun!. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so funny that you said that about Sara Palin as I have been referring to her in our house as "Sarah Plain & Tall"!
    I watched her speech and do I dare say I think she'd make a better presidential candidate than McCain? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)