Sunday, September 28, 2008

God Of Wonders

I was just thinking today about one of my favorite verses since we read it in church this morning. I just love these verses in Psalms!

Psalm 8:3-4
3 When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers,
The moon and the stars, which You have ordained;
4 What is man that You are mindful of him,
And the son of man that You care for him?
5Yet you have made him a little lower than the angels, and crowned him with glory and honor.


God is so big and we are so small...yet he loves us so much!

Anyway...I also love the song God Of Wonders by Third Day. I think the words are so worshipful and they kind of go hand in hand with this verse. And did you know that this song was the wake up call on the space shuttle Discovery? Can you imagine being out in God's magnificent universe and waking up to this reminder of his majesty and omnipotence? THAT would be a true worship experience!

Here is the transcript from the wake up call:
CAPCOM: Good morning Endeavour! Good morning to you Dom. You guys worked so hard yesterday we gave you an extra 17 minutes of sleeping in. How about that.

Commander Domionic Gorie: Good morning Al and that timing was perfect. Right before the music came on the sun hit the space station. It was just beautiful. A very, very appropriate song. Thank you for waking us up with that. The glory is apparent this morning.


Lord of all creation



of water earth and sky




The heavens are your Tabernacle



Glory to the Lord on high!

God of wonders beyond our galaxy




You are holy...holy!

The universe declares your Majesty



And you are holy... holy

Lord of Heaven and Earth
Lord of Heaven and Earth

Early in the morning
I will celebrate the light




When I stumble in the darkness
I will call your name by night



God of Wonders beyond our galaxy...you are holy, holy!
The universe declares your majesty.
You are holy, holy!

Isn't that a beautiful song? What is your favorite Bible verse or worship song?

7 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

What a great song! I love the pics you chose to illustrate the song!!!

I had a dream last night that the galz and I came to NC to visit you ;)!

Scrapper Mom said...

I do love that song. I thought about how wonderfully, majestically made our world is alot this past week. Being on the road on the Mission Trip, seeing such beautiful foilage, landscapes, animals, and how beautiful the sky even looked along the open highway. It was amazing.

I am planning a post tomorrow with lots of pictures of some of those sights. You did a great job illustrating the song.

Jacquie said...

I LOVE how you illustrated this song!!

My list of favorite worship songs is long... but I love "Days of Elijah", "The Heart of Worship", "Above All", "Shout to the Lord".

Alise Nettles said...

Betsy, this was an amazing post! I love the song "Adonai" by Avalon. One of my favorite verses is "Rejoice in the Lord always" Phil. 4:4. No matter what we go through or where we are we should always rejoice in the Lord, His love for us and all that He has done for us!

Melissa said...

I love that song! Great post! Definitely what I needed to see Monday morning before a very busy day :)

Christal said...

Love this post and all the pictures to go with it, you are so amazing! I so miss reading and catching up on blogs its so annoying not having phone and internet at the new house one of these I might get caught up! Looks like things are good I so miss blogging!! and the blogging world!

Heather said...

LOVE this song! What beautiful pictures!
I love "Blessed be your name" and another one I like is called "You are my shield", I think.