Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fall Preview

Okay...it is so blazing hot here lately! I am breaking a sweat just bringing my groceries in from the car!! Mark told me he had to leave the USC vs. Georgia game at half time yesterday because one of the girls he was with got very sick from the heat. Plus the mosquitoes are swarming! I went out into the yard this afternoon to help Steve fill up our bird feeders and I think I got about 10 bites on my legs from just being out there for less than five minutes! I am really ready for some nice cool, crisp air! Fall is always so welcome after August and September here in the south!

Here are a few things I can't wait for!

Fall leaves!


Hot apple cider


Friday night football games


Going to the mountains. There is a trail we walk on there that I promise looks exactly like this!

Some good homemade chili


Seeing pumpkins on everyone's front porch

Lighting a spiced pumpkin Yankee candle and making the house smell yummy!



Going on hayrides...I usually do this every year with my class.


Cute kids in their trick or treat costumes


The first time it's cold enough to light a fire. I love that smell...and I love the smell of burning leaves!


Thanksgiving dinner! We always have about 25 people over to our house for Thanksgiving dinner. It is so much fun!

So...are you in the mood for fall now??

16 comments:

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Yes...I'm in the mood for fall....and...we have it. It's only 52 degree's here today....nice and cool...and I'm LOVIN' it. Opps....sorry, I forgot you are hot. lol

Lauren said...

I am excited about fall too! I already have my spiced pumpkin candle burning. It may be a bit early, but it smells so good!

I hope you had a nice weekend!

Cindy said...

Yes, I am very ready for fall. I am over 100 degree temps. Fall is my absolute favorite season~ bring it on!!!

Melissa said...

Betsy,
Fall is my favorite time of the year!! I'm ready for some cool air and the crunch of leaves!
Melissa

PS Why does my blog on your bloglist say updated 2 months ago? I'm updating all the time! :)

Pearls To Hide My Neck said...

I will come to your blog, scroll thru the pictures and wish for November because that's when in finally starts feeling like fall in Texas, if we're lucky!!!

Jacquie said...

Absolutely! With the exception of the cider, I LOVE all those things. My favorite is the first fire of the year... I love to have a big hot pot of soup on that same night.

I've already baked two batches of pumpkin bread ... the best!

Becky said...

I can't wait! Actually a storm came thru last night and Arkansas has finally cooled down a bit. Alvin and I went outside a few minutes ago to look at the full moon and the temp was perfect! Hooray!! I love the same things you do and I believe the first pot of chili is my favorite!

Christal said...

love fall too !! love all your pictures its been actually pretty warm for this time of year here too! its supposed to be all week probably snow the week after j/k probably close too though! I love fall!!

Angie said...

I love fall too, it's my favorite time of the year!

petrii said...

I do love me some fall ~~ oh yes I do!! I don't even want to tell you, but today the high is going to be 70. I'm so sorry fall isn't to ya ~~ I'm sending fall vibes your way!!

Love you girl ~~ have a GREAT week,
Dawn

Megan L Hutchings said...

You have no idea! I walked out to my car this morning and it was 65 degrees...WOO WOO! I just feel like I am at my best during the fall, so bring it on!

Sweet Leigh Ann got each of us a Spiced Pumpkin candle this weekend. I lit it and burned it almost all day Sunday!

p.s. We talked about how much we LOVE you on Saturday night ;)!

Meagan said...

Oh, wow! Great post girl - and I am right there with you! Just the other day I was watching one of the Thanksgiving day episodes of Friends and it just got me all ready for Fall!!!! I am ready! Today when we got out of school there was a nice cool breeze blowing - we're so close, I can almost feel it!!!

Heather said...

Definitely! I love all those things, too. And there's just something wrong when you leave a football game looking like you just jumped into a swimming pool!!! That has been me three times already- come on,fall!!!!!

Caroline said...

OH GIRL....GIVE ME SOME FALL, GIVE ME SOME FALL!!!!!! I AM SO READY FOR IT!!!!!! I AM ALREADY PLANING WHAT IS GOING TO GO ON MY FRONT DOOR AND WHAT PUMKINS I NEED TO GET!!!!!!

I LOVE A WEATHER CHANGE!!!!!!

MiMi said...

I am so ready for some Fall, too! These 92 degree weekends have got to go, don't they?

Looks like we both love all the same things and I can hardly wait 'til we get to taste that first pot of chili!

Julie said...

We have had some nice Fall weather and even slept with our windows open. I love the fresh air. Bryan got my Fall decor down from the attic last night. I can't wait to put it up.