Tuesday, September 30, 2008

De-stressing

It is only Tuesday, but this week has already been a little stressful. First of all, the whole failed bailout thing is stressful. Steve met me for dinner last night with the news of how much we had lost in the stock market. He was not a happy camper. Then I haven't been able to find gas until yesterday finally, so I was a little concerned about that. And I have been working really long hours at school partly because we have so many meetings! I sat in a workshop today from 12:00-4:00!! (There was no school since it was a Jewish holiday.) But the whole time I was in there I was thinking about what I needed to be doing in my classroom.

Anyway...when I got in my car I was rushed to get home because I knew my family was waiting for me and wondering what was for dinner. I was a little frazzled. However when I turned my car on, my Michael Buble CD started to play and the air conditioner started blowing cool air on me and it was like my blood pressure just started dropping. His voice is so soothing to me! That's why I keep his CD in all the time in my car! I need it alot these days! haha


I was thinking about the best ways to de-stress on my way home today. This is what I like to do:

1. Listen to relaxing music!! This is probably my favorite one. It works every time.

2. Take a bubble bath. Calgon take me away! (This picture actually looks alot like Rocky and me! He loves to lay beside the bathtub!)


3. Don't answer the phone for a while. Too many phone calls just add to the craziness.


4. Get outside if it's nice weather. Makes me want to say, "Aaahhhhhhhhh..." :)


5. Sleep...I need lots of sleep and I cope with life so much better if I've had enough.



6. Pour a big glass of coke and read a magazine or watch TV for a while...something mindless.

What is your favorite way to de-stress?

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Yes - Scott has been ready to jump off a ledge he's been so depressed about our retirement accounts and stocks. It stresses me out but what can you do? We just have to be thankful for what we do have and trust God for the rest. I think if I dwelled on it too much - anxiety would just over take me.
Hope the rest of your week is fun and not stressful.

Jacquie said...

There are so many things "in the world" today that are unnerving, but thank goodness we have an unshakeable God!

I love your list for unwinding at the end of a day. I like to soak in a hot bath. Put on some comfy pj's and curl up on the couch with some hot tea and some good girl-TV.

Deidre said...

I lost a lot of sleep night before last thinking about our economy, Eric's job, etc. I have to remember the verse "He who keeps me does not slumber". He has it all under control and I have to remember that and trust in that to keep from throwing in the towel :)

Music is a huge destresser for me (oh, and Tylenol PM - ha ha)

Megan L Hutchings said...

I totally understand! These are scary times, but I have faith God will see us through it ;)!!!

I am sorry your week has been stressful! Hopefully it will go by fast so you can relax this weekend!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

It has indeed been a stressful week...and it's only Wednesday!

My favorite ways to de-stress:
1. long, hot soak in the tub
2. cup of hot tea
3. mindless tv/movie watching

Hope things perk up for you! The weekend is only 2 days away.

Meagan said...

WOW! Those are all of MY favorite ways to de-stress too! Just replace "coke" with "wine" on number six! lol!

I have had a very stresseful work week too! Today on the way home I noticed gas prices are FINALLY dropping. I came in, turned off the air, and opened all the windows! Mmmm... that helps!

Lauren said...

I am sorry that you have had a hard week. Everything that is going on has me worried too. I am trusting that God has a plan and that things will get better.

I hope you have a nice weekend!