It is only Tuesday, but this week has already been a little stressful. First of all, the whole failed bailout thing is stressful. Steve met me for dinner last night with the news of how much we had lost in the stock market. He was not a happy camper. Then I haven't been able to find gas until yesterday finally, so I was a little concerned about that. And I have been working really long hours at school partly because we have so many meetings! I sat in a workshop today from 12:00-4:00!! (There was no school since it was a Jewish holiday.) But the whole time I was in there I was thinking about what I needed to be doing in my classroom.
Anyway...when I got in my car I was rushed to get home because I knew my family was waiting for me and wondering what was for dinner. I was a little frazzled. However when I turned my car on, my Michael Buble CD started to play and the air conditioner started blowing cool air on me and it was like my blood pressure just started dropping. His voice is so soothing to me! That's why I keep his CD in all the time in my car! I need it alot these days! haha
I was thinking about the best ways to de-stress on my way home today. This is what I like to do:
1. Listen to relaxing music!! This is probably my favorite one. It works every time.
2. Take a bubble bath. Calgon take me away! (This picture actually looks alot like Rocky and me! He loves to lay beside the bathtub!)
3. Don't answer the phone for a while. Too many phone calls just add to the craziness.
4. Get outside if it's nice weather. Makes me want to say, "Aaahhhhhhhhh..." :)
5. Sleep...I need lots of sleep and I cope with life so much better if I've had enough.
6. Pour a big glass of coke and read a magazine or watch TV for a while...something mindless.
What is your favorite way to de-stress?