Tuesday, September 9, 2008

5 Things

Just a little randomness today!

1. I had a wish list on my white board on Meet The Teacher day. Each thing that I wanted was written on a little sticky star. I had things like sidewalk chalk, dry erase markers, pretzels, paper towels, goldfish, etc. One of the moms in my class took the star that said "goldfish". I meant the goldfish crackers (for anyone who forgets their snack!) She misunderstood.....and now we have a new class pet...Bubbles! haha



2. I love the blog chatting at the sky. She had the cutest post today...dear pumpkin spice latte. It will make you smile!



3. I made a super easy chicken recipe last night and it is so tasty! Here it is:

Apricot Chicken
Combine a jar of apricot preserves with a packet of Lipton onion soup mix. Smother 4-5 boneless chicken breasts. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes. That's it!


I served mine with wild rice and broccoli casserole. Yum!

4. Have you ever seen this girl?


I had seen her sing on Oprah a while back and she was on again today. Oh my goodness...she is UNBELIEVABLE!! Her name is Charice and she is from the Phillipines. She is alot like Charlotte Church. I was amazed by the gorgeous voice that is coming out of this little body!

5. These hurricanes and tropical storms are bringing us so much heat and damp air!


I am so ready for the humidity to LEAVE! The air has been so thick here for the past few days you could practically cut it with a knife! I am having a big hair/bad hair day every day lately! :) Please pass fall ASAP!!

11 comments:

  1. That is so funny about the fish and SO something I probably would have done. Ha! Now, who gets to clean the fish bowl???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that is hilarious about the goldfish! I am sure that the students will love Bubbles.

    The chicken recipe sounds really yummy and I will have to give it a try. Anything with only 3 ingredients and ready in 45 minutes is my kind of dinner!

    I am with you about the humidity! We had to have more freon pumped into our A/C yesterday because it was just not doing the trick. I am so ready for Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the randomness... sometimes random things make the best posts!

    I LOVE your idea of having sticky notes with needs on them. We have open house Thursday and I think I am going to "borrow" your idea!!! :-) (I am going to make sure not to request anything that could be mistaken as a request for a class pet, lol!!!)

    I have to try that chicken - it looks SO good! Will you share your broccoli caserole recipe too please?

    And... WOW that girl can sing! I hadn't seen her before. I love music and singing... I think I could listen to her all day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bubbles is so cute! I can't wait to try your recipe, it looks so easy and yummy!! As far as fall is concerned I walked outside a few minutes ago and OMG, the temp has dropped and no humidity. The temperature is 67 right now. YEA!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Betsy,
    I LOVE reading your blog! I stumbled upon it from Kelly's Korner and I have been hooked ever since! I am a mom of 3 out here in California and a believer, saved by grace. I thought I would share with you a similiar recipe. We call it Russian Chicken. Do the same thing as you did except add a small bottle of Russian Salad dressing. It is so good with rice pilaf and sauteed squash. It's a family favorite. Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay I think I've missed a few days so funny about the goldfish that is hilourous!
    The chicken recipe looks yummy I'll have to try it!
    Sorry about all the humidity no fun I remember well that feeling in florida when we lived there. Well glad things are going good love your little kids sitting on the corner how cute is that! Well have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The humidity is terrible here this week! My hair looks horrible.

    I can't wait to try the chicken recipe. I use Lipton soup mix all the time. Have you ever made the oven roasted potatoes using olive oil and the soup mix? They are delicious and so easy.

    I hope you have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! I will have to share that with Web ;)! How sweet and funny about Bubbles. You know the student who brought the fish in was so proud!

    Love that chicken recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post!!

    I'm certainly going to be making your apricot chicken..yum-oh!!

    You can always move to MN...it's been in the high 40's every morning...and CHILLY!!

    Be Blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is too funny about the fish! I am so ready for the humidity to go too. It's just awful. Please come quickly fall!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am SO going to try that chicken recipe! Yum!

    Humidity is no friend of naturally curly hair - I sympathize with ya!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)