Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Past Few Days

Over the past few days, I've been doing alot of this:

*Watching the Olympics, which has been super exciting!! I love watching it every time it comes on, but this year has been especially good. So much tension and smack talking (haha!!!) and world-record breaking and energy! Just amazing!!





My favorite has been watching Michael Phelps, but the men's gymnastics was really exciting last night, too!!

*Moving and setting up! I finally got into my "cottage" and I've been working hard on getting it ready. Laura and Lindy came and helped me out yesterday.


My janitor, James, has been awesome to me.


He moved everything from my old trailer to my new one over the weekend for me because he knew how upset I was last week. That was so sweet!! I brought him Skittles (his favorite) today!!

I have been moving and setting up over and over lately!! Between my room at school and Ashley's room and Mark's room...I'm getting good at it! :)

*Catching up with friends and family. Tonight we went out to dinner with my brother Blake and his wife Angie.


We both have four kids and crazy schedules, so it is always a treat to get to spend time with them!! We went to The Counter...a high end type hamburger joint.

You get to pick your own burger and all the toppings you want. This picture is hard to see, but if you click on it, you can see how it works. There is SO MUCH to choose from!! It was really delicious.


We sat outside which was so great. The weather was perfect and we talked for a long time. Very relaxing and fun!

I'm trying to enjoy every minute of my last week of summer!!

9 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

I have gotten really into the Olympics tonight. I love that M Phelps has broken records (including his own). Just amazing. The girls' gymnastics has been exciting, too. I'm glad you had a great dinner out with your brother and sister-in-law. My question is: Is everyone in your family beautiful! I'm just sayin'! All you Maddox's are so pretty!

Christal said...

yum to the menu that sounds so good! Looks like you had a fun night out good for you guys! You've been working hard and so busy!
I haven't been able to see much of the olympics but looks like some good stuff going on!
Wish I lived closer I'd come and help you set up your "cottage" what a great term!! Do you guys have alot of pests like spiders adn lizards etc there?? I'm sure when your done with setting up it will look amazing!! Have a great week!!

Cindy said...

I'm so glad you got some help with your room. I love that you call in a cottage~ what a positive outlook. :)
That burger menu looks great also!

petrii said...

I Heart the Olympics ~~ Oh yes I do!! I'm staying up to late and enjoying every minute of it :0) except when I have to get up in the morning :-)

That was so sweet of your janitor. It's great to work with people that will go the extra mile.

Enjoy this last week before you kick it back in for another school session. Thank you for all you do!! Dawn

Faith said...

So glad that James was so sweet and helped you move all that stuff! Can't wait to see how yoru room all comes together.

I've heard about The Counter...now I want to try it out!

Meagan said...

Soak up the summer sister, 'cause when schools starts, as you know, you gotta hit the ground running!! lol. Sounds like you are having a good week! Nothing beats a nice janitor, huh? At our school we are supposed to move everything ourselves, but I have learned if you are good the the janitors, they'll be good to you! Thus, all my stuff got moved for me! :-) I can't wait to see your classroom photos when it's all set up and "finished" (if that ever actually happens)... seems like there is always something more to do in a classroom!

MiMi said...

I am also loving the Olympics and am just so proud of Michael Phelps. We are waiting on him to swim again tonight at 10:00 pm. He is so amazing! (I also loved the Men's gymnastics.)

I am so glad that James helped you with your room. That was so sweet of him and I pray a special blessing on him for his kindness.

I have seen The Counter, but have never eaten there. May have to take a trek down that way now to check it out! Glad you got to spend time with your brother and sister-in-law.

Can't wait to see your classroom when it is all set up and ready to go!

Jacquie said...

How sweet of your janitor to help you like that!!

You picked nearly the same pics I did of the Olympics for your post!! Ha!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I am so glad that you love the Olympics as much as I do!!! I find myself getting all pumped up and competitive...lol!

I really like swimming, gymnastics, volleyball, track and field, etc.