Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I'm Movin' Out

Today it was back to reality in a big way!! When I got home last night, someone from school called and told me that I could go ahead and move today so that I wouldn't have so much to do next week (which was really nice). So, this morning I got up and headed over to school thinking I would meet a friend of mine who is also moving out to the trailers (or learning cottages!) and we could help each other move and set up our rooms. Unfortunately, she couldn't make it. Neither could any of my kids or Steve!

So it was just me and a handtruck in about 100 degree temperatures and extremely high humidity! Oh my goodness, I was sweating like CRAZY!!! Seriously, I was taking paper towels and drying myself off with them. I can't even get over how hot it was today.

It took me all day, but I got it done! This is what my trailer looks like right about now.






Everything is just on the floor and piled up everywhere. I still have a really big job ahead of me!

Tonight we had our book club. We had lasagna, salad, and garlic bread, with chocolate pie for dessert. We did lots of talking and had a great time! I need to take a picture of us next time! :)

We chose The Shack for our next book.


Has anyone read it? I don't know much about it, but I've heard it is a big seller this summer.

One of my sweet friends, Laura, who was there tonight just lost her dog this weekend in a really freak accident. She and her husband, Zach, and some friends were hiking up in the mountains near Linville Falls (a big waterfall). Somehow her dog (a black lab) was running and ran off the edge of the waterfall! It plunged to the bottom of the rocks. She and her husband slid all the way down to get her and had to carry her back up out of there, but she died in Zach's arms. Needless to say, it has been extremely traumatic for them. Please remember them in your prayers!

14 comments:

  1. Hey Betsy!

    Three things:

    You worked hard today!

    Re: The Shack - I'm reading it now. I've heard great things about it.

    I feel so bad for Zach and Laura - Sadie was like a child to them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart! If I lived closer I would come over and help you get situated! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy, Thanks for leaving a comment on my anniversary blog!

    I can totally relate to getting to school to move things around, etc. I am retired now but I still remember this time of year and the slight panic of getting to school and getting my room "set up". Never enought time!

    By the way, I am reading "The Shack" right now. I just started it...it's a little different storyline. I have heard good and not so good things about it so I decided to read it myself.

    Keep me posted what you think when you read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I added an "t" on the word "enough" for some reason. I really need to read what I write before I hit "publish"! Usually write too fast....Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Learning Cottages" - love that!!

    How in the world do you stay so thin and eat SO good!?

    That is such a sad story about your friend's dog. I know how sad that must be for them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You had such a busy day, August is my busiest time of year too, but I love it, getting everything ready for the college students to come back. I am so sorry to hear about your friends dog, how sad. I think your learning cottage is going to look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betsy, Whew I'm tired just thinking about moving in the high heat and humidity. But you did good girl, you did good!!

    I read the Shack earlier this summer and can I just say: WOW!! Seriously, it is absolutely just overwhelming. It will make you think and ponder and love Father God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit even more and more. I still think about that book and how the author characterizes the relationship of the Trinity to us so well. I'll not say anymore, but get ready for a ride my dear, a serious ride!!! I can't wait to hear what you think!!

    Have a GREAT day, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to hear about your friends dog. I am praying for them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is nothing like moving...

    Web has been in the process of getting his classroom all set up this week. Even though his is not near as nice as yours, he has been working HARD!

    I have no doubt the finished product will be amazing!

    I feel so bad for your friends! PRAYING!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is horrible about your friends' dog! What a horrible way to loose a dog.

    You will have to let me know what your thoughts are on The Shack. I've heard some pros and cons. I'm reading a new book this week. Last night I held it in one hand while I watered flowers with the other freee hand!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sad story about your friend's dog. :(
    There is always so much to do when school starts, even when you don't have to change rooms.
    Best of luck with your classroom move.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! Bless your heart for having to move all of that in this heat! Whew!!

    So sorry about your friend's dog. That is just aweful.

    Hope you've had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH my gosh, I can't beleive your story about your friend's dog... what a freak thing. How sad - that just made my heart break. Sometimes pets just become a part of your family... I will say a special prayer for them.

    Now, on to your classroom. I had to move from the second floor of our building back to the first floor. Don't worry, last week my room looked just like your new room looks... stuff everywhere! And now, magically (and after A LOT of sweating and heavy lifting) it looks sparkling clean, set up, and ready to go. I finished the last bullitin board today! I'll have to post pictures sometime. So, have heart, you'll get it done and it will be the most inviting place for your little darlings come the first official day of school! I get kids tomorrow... say a prayer! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sad story about your friends' dog. As a dog lover myself, that just breaks my heart. I cannot even imagine how they must be feeling. They are in my prayers.

    Emilie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)