Thursday, August 28, 2008

A House Divided

Today was a fun day at our house. It was the first time in a very long time or maybe ever??? that the University of South Carolina played North Carolina State in football! As you know, Mark and Ashley both attend USC right now. But you may or may not know that Steve went to NC State! So....you can imagine the fun and excitement that surrounded this game. I was torn as to who to pull for, but I went with USC!

It was Mark's first college football game. He had some friends from Charlotte go down and had a big group of friends from college that went together. They met up with Ashley and her friends and tailgated before the game.

Here at home, we got wings and made some dips and cookies and a whole yummy spread of food and settled down in front of our big screen TV.


Our friends Skip and Candy and Melissa came over to watch with us because their daughter Kelsey goes to NC State!


They are just like family to us. Candy and I teach together and she brought her school stuff and spread out on the floor to collate and staple. :)

I had to stop watching before the game was over because it was getting late and I have to get up so early! But South Carolina was ahead when I went to bed. I can't wait to talk to Mark and Ashley tomorrow and hear all about it.

We also TiVo'd the DNC so we can hear Barack Obama's historic acceptance speech. I watched a little bit of it and the crowd was electric!


I think it is really cool that he was able to give this speech on the 45th anniversary of Martin Luther King's "I Have A Dream" speech!


We have come so far in the past 45 years. I am thankful for that!

Tomorrow is FRIDAY!!!! I made it through the first week! Yay for the weekend!!!

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Yay for football! It looks like y'all had a great time!

Melissa said...

We watched the game too. My hubby went to NC State, although he probably doesn't want people to know that now :). The quarterback getting injured was scary. Rodney was afraid that he had broken his neck. I later heard it was a concussion. I hope he's ok. Our son who just started playing football saw it happen and I think it shook him up a little.
My favorite team (TN) plays Monday night. GO BIG ORANGE!

Julie said...

What a fun night!!! I cannot wait until our game on Saturday. My in-laws are having "tailgating" food! Bring on the bratwursts!!!!

MiMi said...

Sounds like some fun times around your house! Any time that there are wings and dip involved is a fun time!

Have a great long weekend and try to get a little rest!

Meagan said...

What a fun time watching football - I am SO glad it's finally football season, I thought it would never get here!!!

Congrats on making it though the first week... it flies by, doesn't it!!

Megan L Hutchings said...

What a GREAT night! With good friends, good food, and football, you just can't go wrong ;)!