Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Growing Pains

Today it poured down rain all day long. It was very dreary, but I know we need the rain and it was a good day to keep plugging away at getting my classroom ready. Laura helped me all day long so we got alot done.

Tonight we went to Carraba's with some friends of ours, Jim and Jennifer. Jim works with Steve and we have known them for a long time.


They are such a sweet and fun couple and we love hanging out with them! They have a precious little boy named Andrew who is 4. My girls love babysitting for him! It was fun seeing them.

Lindy got her hair cut today. It is really cute on her, but she wasn't sure she liked it. We all loved it on her so I think she's feeling a little more confident about it now.




It will be much easier for people to tell Laura and Lindy apart now!



Tomorrow I am planning on getting all Mark's stuff together and making sure all his clothes are washed and ready to go. He has been making his rounds this week saying goodbye to all his friends. Everyone has started leaving and going their various ways.

He has been so excited about leaving, but I think it has been a little bittersweet this week knowing that his life is about to change so much. I think he is starting to get a little nervous now that we are down to the wire. I am praying that he is going to love college, meet lots of great friends, and settle in quickly.

To be honest, being a mom has been hard on me this week. I can think of some sort of issue every single one of my kids has had this week that has weighed heavy on my heart...disappointments, friend drama, health issues, worry, etc. Whew! I wish I could fix every situation for them. But I know that all they are going through is just part of growing up and becoming a stronger person. Thank goodness for hair color or I'd probably be totally gray by now! :)

12 comments:

  1. I totally know the feeling. My oldest has had major girlfriend drama the past couple of days and the little one is obsessing over girl stuff....like a polka dotted bra showing through her clothes..ha. Anyway, with school starting up in a week and the oldest being a senior, I am feeling those growing pains myself!! We can pray for each other this next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am new to your blog - found through Kelly's Korner. You seem like such a great mom! I just started my blog this summer, and just posted tonight about one of the 1st big disappointments in my 6 year olds life. Your post encouraged me and made me feel not alone in hurting for my child. And reminds me how much I will need to continue to pray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow when it comes to watching our children hurt, that is so hard. It reminds me to pray harder and keep on believing. God is so good!!

    Thank you for sharing ~~ oh I love Lindy's hair. It is so cute!! Hang in there dear one, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to see that moms with older kids have growing pains too.
    Sometimes I think that once they get to some "magical age" the pain goes away when they get hurt or upset. Good to know that it's ok to feel this way.
    Praying that this week you have some wonderful moments too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great mom you are! I know that all of your kids are so grateful for the love and support you give them.

    And, I must say that all you girls have FABULOUS hair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really LIKE Lindy's hair cut ;)! It makes her look a little older!

    You are such a great mom! I have no doubt that Mark will enjoy college and the many joys that will come in future years!

    Hang in there AND have an adult beverage if you need one ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lindy's hair cut looks great! My sister just cut her hair like that a few months ago too.

    I am glad you all got to try the counter, I love eating there!

    Your janitor sounds like such a great person! He was so sweet to move everything for you over the weekend.

    I hope you have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely LOVE Lindy's hair! Betsy- You are the kind of mom I pray I will be when my son (and hopefully one more son/daughter!) gets older! Hope that encourages you today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bless your heart - being a mom is a tough job!! As I read the beginning of your post I was inspired because I am starving right now and Carabba's sounds so good!! Lindy's hair looks great - I hope she warms up to it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lindy's hair is SO cute!!!! I bet it won't be long until Laura follows her!!!
    Hang in there - hope your week gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're a great mom, Betsy. I know exactly how you feel... seems I had a post similar to this a week or two ago. You want SO bad to just fix things for your children, but you're right... it's all part of growing up. Luckily, they have a HUGE support system and know where to go when the going gets rough. Hang in there - you're already doing all the right things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm loving Lindy's hair cut! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)