Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Girls Just Want To Have Fun

We had a lot of fun at the beach this weekend! It was a total girls' weekend with tons of movies, food, laying out at the beach, reading, and relaxation!

We had a chick flick marathon going and watched all these movies:
Sleepless In Seattle, Pretty Woman, Enchanted, My Best Friend's Wedding, and Mean Girls!

We ate lots of dips, lemon bars, chocolate chip cookies, and ice cream. We went to Starbucks and Carrabas and Sticky Fingers.

We shopped and walked on the beach and talked about everything under the sun.

It was a perfect way to end the summer and get ready for the busy month ahead.

Here are just a few pictures from the weekend!

Dinner at Carraba's!

On the beach...



Taking the boogie boards out

Lindy (and Laura) read the ENTIRE Twilight book!! Over 700 pages!

We had to stop by the Sugar Shack for some ice cream!

Inside the Sugar Shack


Dinner at Sticky Fingers!


Ashley and Laura at Sticky Fingers

Chilling out and watching movies

We had so much fun, but I missed Steve and Mark!! I'm looking forward to catching up with all my blogging friends, too! :)

17 comments:

  1. Now that's what I call a good time. Y'all know how to have fun girl time. Love your movie selection - perfect!

    Glad you're back, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had such a great time! What a perfect way to end the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you girls had so much fun!!! I totally love going to the beach! It is always sooooo relaxing and I especially love to read while laying at the beach and listening to the waves in the background.

    Glad you're back safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not to be covetousness or anything, but oh how this makes me wish I had a big family...and lots of girls.

    I know you cherish these times with them so much...and it was a perfect way to end the summer..just like you said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had fun and you are back! Your pics are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that you girls had a weekend together! That looks like so much fun and I'm sure you made lots of memories just being there with your girls. A great end to the summer indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your blog through Southern Newlywed. You have a beautiful family! What a caring, loving and fun mother you are. That is my kind of girls trip! Email me if you would like to read my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like such a fun time. There's nothing like going to the beach to end the summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that looked like soooooo much fun. Your pics are just GREAT!!

    What a great way to kick off a very busy August!!

    Have a GREAT week, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you and your girls had a weekend get away to the beach ;)! You have such a special bond with your children that I admire so much! We are so glad our sweet Betsy is back and in action!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jealous yet again! It looks like and sounds like you had a marvelous time. What a great way to end the summer break!! I think it is absolutely wonderful you had this time with your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ya'll are so fun! You make me want to have daughters!
    What a perfect weekend!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am JEALOUS! That looks so divine! So glad you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so glad you are back and I am so glad you had a safe and fun trip! There really is nothing like a girls-only trip to the beach!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you girls had an amazing time. There's nothing like a trip to the beach! Glad you're back.
    Emilie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad you had fun! I love the Sugar Shack!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my heck you have been a busy busy girl I'm so far behind on blogging! The summer is slipping away to fast eh!! Looks like life is keeping you so so busy!! I miss you!! and keeping up with whats going on!! ttys

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)