Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Five Minute Update

If you read my blog much, you might remember that at the beginning of August I talked about what a busy month this was going to be for me. Well, I wasn't kidding!!! I have been spinning so fast the past few days so it has left me very little time for blogging. I saw this picture today and it made me laugh because it is about how I feel right now...trying to get some rest, but overcome with crayons and glue and bulletin boards and workbooks, etc.....


Tomorrow is my Meet The Teacher day at school, which is always fun because I get to meet all the sweet boys and girls and see their faces. I have spent this whole week preparing for that and there is still lots to do to get ready for next week. Monday is the first day of school.



Today we our PTA gave us a very nice luncheon with a luau theme. They go all out for us and it is so nice. I won a $25 gift card to a really good restaurant here in Charlotte called the Flying Biscuit! I've never been, but everyone has been telling me to try it!


I'll have to take Steve to breakfast soon!

Today was Mark's first day of classes at USC and I can't wait to talk to him tonight about how it went! He is already loving college like I knew he would.

And Ashley had her first day of school in fourth grade where she is doing her student teaching and she is so happy and excited. She called tonight and told me all about it.

This weekend I am taking dinner to a friend who just had a baby, Steve and I are finally celebrating our anniversary, and Laura and Lindy are having their 17th birthday. Maybe I'll have more time to blog after tomorrow!!

9 comments:

Jacquie said...

We've missed you, Betsy! Sounds like you've got everything under control. Have a great week!

Meagan said...

Whew! Just reading about all your goings on wares me out! I am excited that you are starting school (since I am already two weeks knee deep in kids!) :-) I can't wait to hear how it goes!! I'll be thinking about you!

MiMi said...

You DEFINITELY have been busy! I know that you must be excited about your Meet The Teacher day. Your students are so blessed to have you as their teacher.
I hope that Mark had a good first day of classes. So glad that Ashley had a good first day of student teaching.
Have fun celebrating your anniversary and your girl's birthdays this weekend!

Scrapper Mom said...

Wowee. Don't know how you managed to even fit 5 minutes of blogging into your schedule.

Good luck next week with the kiddos. I bet you're a great teacher.

Nancy said...

You've been busy! The luncheon sounds so nice! I went to the Flying Biscuit the other day for the first time - YUMMY! They have the best grits ever! And the biscuits have some sort of sugar on top of them!

Can't wait to hear about your first day!

Cindy said...

Wow, you've been busy! I hope ou have a great weekend and best of luck this school year!

Faith said...

Boy, you are all over the place! Praying that you are able to take some time this weekend to relax and enjoy some time with your family (and those yummy biscuits!)

Leigh Ann said...

I wish my kids could be in your class! It does sound busy in NC, and it has been busy here since Evan started to kindergarten. I meet myself coming and going!

Megan L Hutchings said...

Man oh man on...you are so busy! I hope that you will have some relaxing moments in your future ;)! Please keep us updated on all of your kids and their transitions to student teaching, college, and senior year!