Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Don't Worry...Be Happy!

Well, the busy craziness continues! I have worked literally non-stop for the past few days and I am really feeling it right about now. Getting out of bed at 5:30 this morning was sooooo hard!!!!! But as I was driving home from school really late today I was thinking about how truly blessed I am. I started making a mental list of at least five things I am happy about.

1-I have been blessed with another precious class this year! Oh my goodness, they are so good and so sweet. I just already love every single one of them!

2-The first week of teaching second grade is about five thousand times easier than teaching the first week of kindergarten!! They can do so much for themselves and they don't cry at the end of the day because they are tired or miss their mommy!

3-I know fall will be in the air before too long. Yayy!! I am ready for this rain from Tropical Storm Faye to be gone! I am so looking forward to some Friday night high school football games, watching the Panthers on Sundays,


cool air, pumpkins, apple cider, fall clothes and beautiful leaves!!


4-Things are beginning to settle back down and fall into a routine again.

5-I get to see Mark this weekend! :)

So...despite the business and the long hours...LIFE IS GOOD!

13 comments:

Jacquie said...

What a great attitude! I love hearing about your second grade class - how cute. When I was in HS I considered being a kindergarten teacher... pretty sure that wasn't God's plan!! Ha!

Don't you just love the first time you get to see your child after they leave for college! Oh the anticipation.

Meagan said...

Funny, I did a "thankful" post tonight! I know the first week back to work kind of kicks your butt, but no matter how we teacher talk about loving summer, there's just something about going back and a whole new group of kids and the fall that warms the heart, huh?!?

Leigh Ann said...

I'm glad school is going so well. I agree...I'm not used to getting up so early. 5:45 Good grief!

Scrapper Mom said...

I love fall and I am so ready for some high school football too!!

Kim said...

Yes, life is SO good!! What a great list of things you are thankful for.

Have a BLESSED year of school!!

petrii said...

Betsy,
What a great post!! I'm so glad you're enjoying your class and school.

I also LOVE fall!! My favorite time of year!!

Have a Blessed day, Dawn

Lauren said...

I am glad things are going well! I am looking forward to fall and Panthers football too!

Enjoy your week!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I am so glad that school is going well and you are enjoying second grade ;)! That first week back is always hard for Web too!!! I am so excited about fall!!! It makes me giddy ;)!!!

Cindy said...

You have such a positive attitude!
I also LOVE fall and can't wait!!

MiMi said...

Glad this year at school is going better for you. I am sure that you are tired and I hope that you can find a little time to grab some rest.

I know you can't wait to see Mark this weekend --and we can't either, so be sure to take some pics!

Have a great week!

Michele said...

Hi Betsy. Just surfing the net and came across your blog. You have a beautiful family. I read about your girls' birthdays and your son going to college. It makes me melancholy for you. I have 3 children that are 11, 4, and 7, and I know that I am going to blink and that will be us. I really try hard to soak them up all I can.

Congrats on your 2nd grade class. I hope you have a great school year.

Christal said...

Serouisly we think to much alike!! HA HA I had to totally laugh when I saw that picture of the leaf and talk of fall cause I was writing about the same thing today and picked the exact same picture! love the background too we do have great minds eh!
So glad you have a great class this year too! Glad all else is good too! Hope the rain stops soon for you! well ttys

Lauren said...

My dad is also a teacher (middle school) and he's had bus duty this week...I don't see how y'all function that early in the morning. I admire you for it!