Monday, July 28, 2008

Zumba and More...

Well, today was the day that Extreme Makeover: Home Edition let the family know who was chosen. Unfortunately, my friend Joy didn't get chosen! I was disappointed for her, but I am looking forward to hearing about the family that WAS chosen! And...I didn't get asked to help. There were over 4000 volunteers, so they had to narrow it down to people who had skills such as drywalling, electrical wiring, etc.--none of which I have! Oh well!

This morning I went to Zumba with Laura and Lindy and my neighbor Candy and her daughter Kelsey. Have you ever been? It's fast moving dancing (some Latin style and some kind of hip-hop/R&B).


We danced for an hour and 10 minutes! Needless to say, it was quite a workout! Really fun, though! It made me feel a little better about sitting in a chair all afternoon at the pool reading a book! It is so hot here. Just about all you want to do is be in a pool or the air conditioning somewhere.

Tonight Mark is life guarding and my girls all went to the Maroon 5/Sara Bareilles concert so Steve and I went out to dinner. We tried a restaurant that was new to us...Miro Spanish Grill.

You can eat outside...


It was delicious. Spanish food is very different than Mexican food. I had jumbo shrimp sauteed with tomatoes, peppers, and onions over rice. Steve had marinated chicken and mushrooms and mashed potatoes. It was all really fresh and yummy!

And we finally finished the entire HBO John Adams series. (I know--we're nerds!)


But it was so good! We've been watching a little bit each night for the past week or two. If you like history at all, you should rent it. We both commented after each DVD about how good it was and how it made history come alive!

12 comments:

Scrapper Mom said...

Oh, the zumba looks so fun. I wish I had some place like that close so I could go. Unfortunately, we live in the sticks and it's too far to go exercise. Now, to eat is a different story.

Flo said...

OK...looks like we have a lot of similar interests! I would love to take a Zumba class....anything with dance/aerobics looks great to me. My hubby & I also love to watch those "intellectual" history series!....AND....I loved Memoirs of a Geisha. Any other good book recommendations?

Kelly said...

Zumba is really fun! I had just gotten into it before I found out I was pregnant and I've been too scared to do that much physical activity since. Although I think about now is a good time to start exercising again. I don't like exercising but Zumba makes it seem like fun instead.
That spanish place sounds so good. And I love eating outside but not right now.

Jacquie said...

Too bad about your friend, Joy, but I'm sure there will be a deserving family.

Your family cracks me up... there's never a dull moment!

Meagan said...

Wow - you impressed me with your zumba! lol. I need to get off my lazy B-hind and zumba or something! I have really been lazy this summer... going back to school is going to kick my butt! :-)

petrii said...

Zumba looks like a blast!!! When the knees get better I need to try it!!

My husband, son and I are total history nerds and totally dig it (do they say that anymore:0) anyway, it looks like you had a GREAT day!!

Enjoy and have a GREAT week,
Dawn

Megan L Hutchings said...

I have heard that Zumba is so much fun ;)! So many people say that you forget you are exercising!!!

That restaurant sounds so yummy! I love that you & your family venture out and try new things!

Nancy said...

Zumba looks and sounds like fun! I'll have to give it a try!

Leigh Ann said...

I have been to a Zumba class and loved it, but I can't make the time our community center offers it. :( I don't think you are a nerd. I would have enjoyed that movie, too. If that makes you a nerd, then I guess I am one, too. ha!

MiMi said...

I have never been to a Zumba class, but it sounds like it would be a lot of fun! I think I would really enjoy something like that.

I am sorry that your friend Joy did not get picked for Extreme Makeover. I read a little about the family that DID get picked and they run a daycare out of their home and the home has mold, so it sounds like they are a very deserving family.

That Spanish food sounds like it was really good. I've never had any Spanish food before. I will have to find me a place to check that out!

Sounds like you had a great day! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Caroline said...

oh my goodness girl...i so need to try this zumba stuff!!!!!!! what a great class!!!!!! missed you and i just read about going to 2nd grade. i hate that you are going to have to take all that down in your precious room. oh i am happy and sad for you...do you fee like you will have to spend more time up there before school starts??????? yuck

Ruth said...

Hi Betsy,
I have lurked alot, but I don't think that I have ever commented. I have to say that I just finished the John Adams special, too, and thought it was wonderful. Makes me want to do some of my own research into the relationship between John and Thomas Jefferson.
Ruthie from California