Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thursday

Summer days are just flying by! I can't believe it's almost the end of July! I have been busy the past few days. Yesterday we had kind of a little "Girl's Day Out". Laura and Lindy and I met Steve for lunch then we went shopping at Swoozie's. I got this lunchbox for school.


Lindy said it looks like her bedspread. Haha

After shopping, we went to see Mama Mia.


I'm probably in the minority here, but I didn't really like it???!! I loved the music and the scenery. And I thought the girl that played the daughter was good. But, in my opinion, Pierce Brosnan can't sing very well and he just seemed a little weird in that role to me. He needs to stick to being James Bond! And I'm really not a huge fan of Meryl Streep. I don't know...it just wasn't one of my favorites.

Last night was my sister-in-law, Debbie's 50th birthday. So we all met at Carraba's to celebrate. Here's the birthday girl with my mother-in-law.


Laura, Ashley, and Mark. (Lindy was on the other side of the table!)


Afterwards, we went back to Steve's parents house for ice cream cake. Mark taught us how to play a new game called "Mafia". It's too hard to explain here, but we played till really late and had a lot of fun!

Debbie is doing something really different and fun tonight for her 50th. We are all going to do it with her, so I'll tell you all about it tomorrow!

Today I met my mom and my friend Nancy for lunch at McAlister's. She goes to my church and has a such a sweet family. I didn't know she had a blog until recently! We had a good time together talking. We always see people we know there...it is a hot spot for lunch. I think I saw literally about eight friends there today!

Since Mark never takes a camera anywhere, I found a few pictures of Mark from Jamaica that other friends had taken and posted on Facebook. These were of a visit to a nursing home in Jamaica. Mark really enjoyed visiting with this woman. Her name was Mary and Mark just loved her.


I was just noticing in this next picture what Mark's friend Philip has on his shirt! These were just old t-shirts that the kids had or that they got from Goodwill. But it just struck me as a funny shirt to wear to a rest home! :) Mark and I laughed about it when I showed him. He said Philip and no one else even noticed it!



These were the only two pictures I could find to share with you. I need to get that boy a camera!

12 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

What an adorable lunch box! It does match the bedspread a little ;)!

I love how close you and your family are. Family means so much to me and you all share so many wonderful memories!

Mark...what a GREAT guy! You raised him so well Betsy!

petrii said...

What a cute lunch box. You will look very stylish with that box at school ~~ all the girls will LOVE it!!

Can't wait to hear what you're doing this evening. You always do the funniest stuff!!

Deidre said...

I love that lunch box - so cute!

My little brother tries to teach us the game Mafia. I get so lost, I don't know what's going on. But, we do have a lot of laughs :)

Leigh Ann said...

That's the most chic lunch box I have ever seen! I'm with you on Mama Mia. I had the same thoughts. It was a fun movie but certainly not the best one I've ever seen. Pierce definitely needs to stay with 007 type movies. Can't wait to see what you guys are up to with the 50th b-day.

Nancy said...

First of all, the lunch box is great. I love Swoozies!

Enjoyed having lunch with you and your mom. It was fun!

Melissa said...

Cute lunchbox! I need to get a new one this year, I will have to check out swoozies.

Becky said...

Love your new blog look. It is tooooo cute! I also love the food bag, it does remind me of Lindy's bedspread.

I'm a HUGE Abba fan, would love to see Mamma Mia on Broadway! On screen, not so much! I agree about PB, he's such a 007 kinda guy.

Mark is so adorable! The world needs more guys like him.
Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend.

Melissa said...

I love the lunch box. You should get it mongramed with your initials on it.

I love music, but can't stand musicals. Go figure. The idea of someone singing their dialogue (who does that?) just always seems to make me laugh.

We played mafia at a party recently. It was a lot of fun. We had a ton of people, so it went on for quite some time. A lot of people ended up dead. Oh my that's sounds bad.

Julie said...

I love the lunch box!! How cute!! I've been weepy this week and I nearly cried at the picture of your son sitting down with that lady. He must have been so respectful and oh how he must have lifted her spirits. I'm glad he got to have this experience.

Meagan said...

Hey girl! Love the lunch box!! Can you believe it is time for school already? Ick! When do you have to go back? We go back on the 4th and the kids come on the 8th (Crazy, right? Our kids start school on a Friday?!?)

Me, Moo, and La are going to see Mama Mia on Wednesday... I have heard that P.B. is odd in the part and that his singing wasn't that great... I'll be sure to let you know what we think after we see it! :-)

p.s. The T-shirt at the rest home thing was crackin' me up! haha!

Jacquie said...

I love the lunch box! How cute is that?

Your family has so much fun!! What a great time of life for you. It's great having older kids, isn't it?

Oh, I watched "Rock the Reception" tonight with David... that was so funny!

Jacquie said...

Oh, love the t-shirt at the rest home!