Monday, July 7, 2008

Monday

Well, we made it back from Washington! That was a long trip!!! The traffic was really bad coming out of Washington because of a wreck. We sat in traffic for a really long time, but finally got to the other side of the wreck and got moving again.

However, when we were about 3 hours from home, all of our dashboard lights started dimming and everytime Steve pressed on the brake, the radio would go off! Not a good sign! Fortunately, we pulled off right away and there was an Auto Zone right there!

We bought a new battery, but still weren't sure if that was the real problem or if the alternator was?? (I am SO dumb when it comes to cars...this is all just what Steve told me...haha). So alot of the rest of the ride home, we kept the windows rolled down and the radio off just to make sure we weren't draining the battery.

Here we are driving down the highway at 65 mph with our hair blowing like crazy!



We DID make it home, but barely. The battery was going dead again just as we pulled up to our house. I'm guessing we have an alternator problem. Fun times!

Yesterday it was raining all day. After church, Steve and I decided to watch a movie which was kind of fun in the middle of the afternoon! We watched Atonement.


It was an interesting rainy day movie, but I didn't love it. Then we met his parents for dinner at a little pizza place. After that we went to my parents' house to visit for a while. Just catching up with everybody! :)

Today Laura and Lindy left for Student Life camp in Daytona Beach, FL!!



They were so excited. Louie Giglio is the speaker and Chris Tomlin is leading worship. I know they are going to have a great week there.

So...while they are gone, I'm starting on two projects! One...redoing Lindy's room. We gave her furniture away yesterday to a friend of Ashley's who is getting married and needs it. So I will be going to get some paint today and painting while Lindy is gone.


Her new furniture and bedding is here, so after I finish painting, we will pick that up and voila! I will show you before and after pictures soon!

Also, Mark is leaving for a mission trip to Jamaica called Won by One next week. So, I am also going to be working on getting him ready for that. It is intense. They are asked to take two suitcases full of clothes, shoes, school supplies, etc. Everything they take, they leave there.




Then the students only take a backpack with their own clothes and toiletry items in it for the week. Luckily that will be pretty easy for Mark. Thank goodness it's not one of my girls trying to cram a week's worth of stuff into a backpack! That would be a challenge! But we will be cleaning out closets and gathering stuff for him to take. I'll probably be making some trips to Goodwill after we clean out closets, etc!

I think I'm going to be pretty busy this week. I hope your week is off to a good start! I'm looking forward to seeing who is going to win on the Bachelorette tonight!

6 comments:

  1. WOW it sounds like you have a lot going on the next couple of weeks. I've been to Daytona beach a couple of times ~~ it is so fun ~~ and Chris Tomlin oh man he is one of my fav's!! He's been to our church a couple of times ~~ always fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOUR FAMILY SHOULD WIN AN AWARD!!!!

    I am so glad that your family made it back from DC safe and sound ;)! I hate that your car gave you a few issues but it sounds like God was guiding you home ;)!

    I am so excited for all of the trips your kids are taking soon. I will be praying for them that the good Lord touches their hearts as well as those they are witnessing to!!!

    Can't wait to see before and after pics of Lindy's room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If that is the bedding print, and the paint colors you are using, I can tell you I LOVE it already! I'm glad you guys made it home safely. Car trouble is the pits, but at least it didn't happen on the way to DC. That would have been worse I think. Sounds like your kids have some exciting ministry opportunities ahead. I am so jealous that your girls get to hear Chris Tomlin in person! That will be awesome! I admire Mark going on his missions trip. How amazing is that to leave everything there they take with them! I can't wait to watch the Bachelorette tonight, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. Sounds like your kids are having a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Church camp in FL with Chris Tomlin and Louie Giglio - CAN I GO?????? Lucky, lucky girls!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are going to be a busy little bee! Can't wait to see the newly decorated room and to hear about the kids camps and mission trips...what awesome experiences for them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)