Sunday, July 20, 2008

Lazy Summer Days

So....the laziness just continued all weekend! Let's see if I can wrap it up for you:

*Steve and I went to the pool all afternoon on Saturday.

*I finished my book The Kite Runner. It was sooo good!! I highly recommend it if you are looking for a good summer read. I had a little bit of a hard time getting into it at first because of the Farsi language and the names. But after a couple of chapters, I was hooked! I liked it so much we rented the movie last night. I never think the movie is as good as the book, though! And I bought A Thousand Splendid Suns, the next book by the same author. I am really looking forward to reading it, too!



*We grilled out hamburgers last night. I made some yummy squash to go with it and Lindy made a big salad like the one you get at Maggiano's with blue cheese, red onion, and bacon in it.

*I played around with my Photo Shop Elements that I got for my birthday.



My goal is to learn how to use that well. I also want to take a photography class! I'm looking to see if there is one I can get into before school starts.

*I got caught up on my magazine reading. This is one I read.


I really wanted to read this article about Barack Obama's faith. I am interested in knowing what he really stands for! There are so many different opinions and ideas about whether he is a Christian or a Muslim. I just want to know the truth!

*Steve had a deacon's meeting after church today, so I went to the mall and used my Nordstrom gift certificate to buy me some new Clinique Happy perfume! I LOVE that perfume. I've been out for a while and I was so excited to get it today. I opened it and sprayed it on right when I got in the car! haha I also browsed around Anthropologie which I love! They have the cutest and funkiest clothes and all kinds of things for your house.


*Tonight Steve's parents asked us over for dinner. Steve's brother Mike is in town, so they love to get together alot while he is here. We grilled out steaks and his mom made a homemade blueberry pie that was to die for!


I have never made a pie from scratch, but she told me how she did it & I am definitely trying it soon!

*Steve's parents just got a Wii. This is Laura trying the Hula Hooping! That is really fun!


You could actually get a lot of excercise doing it!

Tomorrow morning is the Pep Rally for Extreme Makeover. It is at our church! My girls and I are going to Starbucks bright and early and then heading over there. Also, Mark is coming home from Jamaica tomorrow. I can't wait to see him. I haven't talked to him in a week. I can't wait to hear about everything! Please pray for him to be safe on his flight home tomorrow afternoon!

Hope you have a great week! :)

16 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

I love photography, too, and I also want to take a class. It is on my to do list! :) Blueberry pie sounds divine! I LOVE "Happy" perfume, too. I love that it smells so clean and it definitely makes me think of summer. It sounds like you had a great weekend. I'm thinking that I may need to get that Wii if it is good exercise. Plus, it looks really fun!

Leigh Ann said...

Oh, and I just prayed for Mark's trip. :)

Becky said...

I love the lazy days of summer. That is if I'm indoors under the A/C! HA!! I have been wearing Clinique "Happy" for a few years now and LOVE it!! It smells soooo good. I tried the "Happy Heart", but didn't like it as well. I also love me some Anthropologie. I love their aprons, they remind me of my grandmother. Funny that I love aprons I don't even cook! Oh well, I think it's because it takes me back to my childhood. Did you guys get much rain from "Cristobal"?

Melissa said...

So many things to comment on!!! Loved Kite Runner, A Thousand Splendid Suns is just as great! I am also wanting to take a photography class. I want a new camera, but we'll see. Let us know what you find out about Obama, I'm interested too! Have fun at the Home makeover pep rally, that's so exciting. I will be praying for Mark, we want to hear all about his trip! Maybe he can be a guest blogger or something haha

Scrapper Mom said...

Sounds like you had a "happy" day!

Oh, and I am curious about the Obama thing too.

petrii said...

Betsy,
I love to make blueberry pie ~~ oh you should try it soon while the berries are in season, nothing like it!!

The rally sounds so fun ~~ that's one of my fav tv shows.

Praying for Mark's safe return home. Can't wait to hear about his trip.

Have a GREAT week, Dawn

Megan L Hutchings said...

What a fabulous weekend ;)! It sounds like you did lots of little, wonderful things!!!

That blueberry pie looks delicious! My mom makes a mean homemade apple pie...YUMMY!!!

I can't wait to hear all about Mark's trip AND the pep rally ;)!

Faith said...

Sounds like the perfect way to spend these hot summer days!
And that blueberry pie...oh my!!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I have so many things to comment on so I'm just going to make a list for ya:

1. I love Happy. It is my fave!

2. Kiterunner is one of my favorite books. I read A Thousand Splendid Suns over Thanksgiving and I loved it just as much.

3. The yearbook at my kids' school is done entirely in Photoshop Elements. I have two friends who do all the layouts, and we have a local printer put them on the press.

4. That pie looks so yummy.

5. I can't believe you've never made one from scratch because you love to cook!

6. I haven't seen the Kiterunner movie. Should I watch it?

7. The Wii is a workout, depending on what you're playing. Tennis definitely gets my heart pumping!

Off to catch up on the rest of your blog.

Meag said...

Hey girl! I am finally back from the beach! Your weekend sounded so nice and relaxing! The picture of that blueberry pie made my mouth water - it looks SO good! I am wanting to get back into photography! I used to spend a lot of time on it and I have a really really nice 35mm Nikon! I am wanting a digital one now ($$$, unfortunately). Let me know how photoshop elements is... I have heard good things about it and am, in fact, considering buying it for myself, so I can't wait to see how it works for you!

Julie said...

I love laid back Summer weekends!! What a good one you had! I so wanted a bite of the pie. It looks yummy. Bryan visited the lady who babysat him as a child and she gave us some blackberries. Could you or your mother-in-law make my pie for me? :)
My friend Brooklyn and her husband went to the Melting Pot here and she absolutely loved it. They ate the same thing you guys did!

MiMi said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful Summer! I would be interested to read that article about Obama's faith, also.

The blueberry pie looked amazing! All you need now is some homemade ice cream!

Melissa said...

I cheated and listened to the Kite Runner, but it was very helpful to listen to it. I wanted to ask a question about the movie, was it in subtitles?

Oh and the what game is the hula on, I may have to pick that up. I want to look into the Wii fit, of course I seem to find excuses to not use the excerise equipment and Y memebership that we already have!

Jacquie said...

So funny that your in-laws got a Wii. They must be so much fun.

I've prayed for Mark's safe return... and praying that God did an amazing work in him while he was there. What an opportunity for him!

I've thought about you when I watch the weather news this week.

Nancy said...

Sounds like a great weekend!

Oh Happy Perfume is my favorite.

Christal said...

This post is so funny to me because I'm reading the kite runner right now finding it hard to get into at this point but I'm plugging along!! I didn't know there was a movie for it though either thats exciting! Also have photoshop elements 6 which I got for christmas and still don't know how to use but really want to figure it out! And want to take a photography class too to learn how to use my camera would be a good start ha ha! And I'm out of clinique happy right now and need to get some more I love it!!
So many things to comment on looks like summer is going fast eh!! Love those dresses too!! have a great day ttys