Friday, July 18, 2008

Just Hanging Out And Having Fun

Aaahhhh, summer! Isn't it the best???!!! These past few days have been ultra laid back. Not much going on except chilling out and having fun.

Steve and I DID go to the Melting Pot for our fun date night last night.


It was soooo good! We had so much food, I can't even tell you. But I do want to show you our dessert.


We got the Flaming Turtle chocolate fondue with all these yummy things to dip into it. I was about to pop by that time, though, so Steve had to do most of the damage (which he gladly did!)

Other than that, it's been pretty much just sleeping in, walking in the neighborhood, reading, watching Netflix, and hanging out on my porch. Today I met some ladies in my Sunday School class for lunch and a little Bible study which was fun.

Tonight after dinner Steve and I went to an outdoor mall area nearby that has restaurants, fountains, ice cream shops, etc. and listened to some music and just enjoyed being outside. We saw some friends up there and had fun catching up with them, too.



So, it's been pretty lazy around here and I am trying to soak up every minute. My mental clock is already starting that end of summer countdown. Only four weeks till it's back to school! But I'm not going to think about that right now! :)

9 comments:

petrii said...

Betsy,
Aren't you and your husband the cutest!! The Cutest!!

And that dessert tray ~~ get out of town!! Seriously ~~ YUM!!

I hope you have a GREAT weekend full of more relaxing and fun!!

Dawn

Melissa said...

Cute couple!! That dessert looks dangerous, but oh so good! We have a melting pot in tx...maybe bobby and i need to try it out. that's all we've been doing...SLEEPING IN!!! (my favorite!!0

Lindsey said...

Such a cute couple! Glad y'all had fun on your date! The dessert looked delish (eat that first next time:) HA!

Lauren said...

I am glad you all made it to the Melting Pot!

MiMi said...

Oh my goodness - I started having "flashbacks" seeing the Flaming Turtle Fondue! Isn't that the best thing ever! I am so glad that you two had your date night - you are so cute together.

Glad you are taking it easy and enjoying your Summer!

Jacquie said...

What a cute picture of the two of you!! The summer is going by so fast... seems you just posted that you were starting your summer.

I'm halfway through my book... it is so good, and so sad. You'll have to recommend my next reading!

Lauren said...

You and your hubby are so cute! And I love the Melting Pot! There is one in Nashville on the riverfront that David takes me to sometimes...seriously, I don't need to eat the entire day afterwards because they give you so much food!! I'm glad you had a good time!

Leigh Ann said...

It is hard to believe summer is going by so quickly. I'm glad you are having some laid back time and lots of summer fun in the meantime! That restaurant looks amazing. I think that dessert makes me want to skip the meal and just eat THAT! :) Oh, and I just have to say, YOU are super cute!

Megan L Hutchings said...

You two are so precious! You tell that Steve he is one lucky man ;)!!! Oh, and I love the Melting Pot! I have only been there once, but it was divine!!!