Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Disappointment and Chocolate Delight

I was disappointed with the Bachelorette finale last night! I definitely didn't want Jesse to win!! He was just a little too "rad" for me and not to mention, not cute!


I thought Jason would have made a much better husband for sure! Oh well...I really don't know why I watch that show anyway. The whole time I'm watching it I'm wondering why I am?? But even though it seems wrong to me, I'm still drawn to it. Kind of like a train wreck. :)

If you watched it, who were you pulling for??

On another note, I wanted to tell you about a cool website I just heard about called Simple Mom.


Even if you're not a mom, it has really good ideas for home management and just living simply. You should go check it out when you have some time!

I've been painting all day today, so Steve was sweet enough to take me out to dinner tonight. There's a little Greek restaurant that we go to here called Greg's. We call it a "meat and two" restaurant because they always serve a meat with two side vegetables. But Greg's was closed for renovations, so we tried another little place like it called "Trails End". I loved it! I think it was even better than Greg's!

The best part was they served Chocolate Delight for dessert.


Oh my goodness...I LOVE that stuff! I make it at home sometimes but I've never had it at a restaurant before. You know you're at a place that serves home cookin' when they serve that! I thought you might like to try it, too, so here is the recipe!

Four Layer Chocolate Delight

FIRST LAYER:

1 stick butter, melted
1 c. flour
1/2 c. chopped nuts (pecans)

SECOND LAYER:

1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 c. powdered sugar
1/2 lg. carton Cool Whip

THIRD LAYER:

2 pkg. instant chocolate pudding (lg. packs)
3 c. whole milk

FOURTH LAYER:

1/2 lg. carton of Cool Whip

1. Mix first three ingredients and pat into a 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake for 15 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Let cool.

2. Mix the next 3 ingredients together and spread over the cooled crust. Refrigerate until set.

3. Prepare pudding according to directions. Pour on top of the second layer.

4. Spread the other half of the Cool Whip over the top and sprinkle with chopped pecans and curled chocolate.

11 comments:

  1. I love Chocolate Delight!! Yum!

    FYI - I ordered "The Glass Castle" today!! I'll get it on Thursday.

    Have a great Wednesday... how's the room going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE chocolate delight! My Mama makes it with butterscotch instead of chocolate for my Daddy! He likes chocolate too, but betterscotch is a nice twist! :-) I watched the Bachelorette last night just because you and Kelly had talked about it - I haven't watched it in probably 3 or 4 years... Anyway, based on only that one episode, I was pulling for the other guy! I like the handsome clean cut look much better than the rugged wild child thing the other guy had going on! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way about the Bachelorette. Last night, I was feeling a bit guilty about the time I was wasting watching it, but I couldn't stop. Somehow Jesse kind of grew on me, but DeAnna was laying it on a bit thick during the "After the Rose" show. I love that dessert. My mom always called it "Four Layer Delight." It is really good! I'm definitely checking out that website. I am definitely on the "simplify" train!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so much to say here!! First, I love Chocolate Delight!! It is one of my favorite desserts.

    We went to so many of the same places. I truly did try to look around for you every day. I told Bryan my friend Betsy was in DC and describe what you looked like and Bryan said something like, Oh I'm sure we will see her!!! The crowds were crazy weren't they??!! I'm glad you had a wonderful time with your family and so thankful you FINALLY made it home!!

    I cannot wait to see before and after pictures of the new bedroom.

    I love the mission trip your son is going on. What a challenge to give up 2 suitcases worth and just carry a backpack. We had to cram items in Bryan's to get back home so we are experienced in that!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had the same dessert for 4th of July!! I can't wait to see pictures of all the painting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is my husband's FAVORITE dessert. I'm not a chocolate fan (I know, I know) but it's not super chocolate-y, so I'll eat a small piece every once in awhile!

    Can't wait to see your before/after pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband LOVES chocolate!! I'll have to try this!!

    Bachorlette: Not a big fan ~~ actually it drives me crazy!! I haven't really watched it but heard it was the finale so I tuned in to see the last little bit. It's always Kiss one and then another and then they stay the night together ~~ AHHHH ~~ yep drives me crazy!! Train Wreck for sure!!! And since I didn't keep up didn't know what I'd find, but defininetly looked like the wrong choose to me. Who wears a jacket like that on a blind date especially when you know there's 24 other guys vieing for the same girl?!! Seriously!! Ok calming down now :) hahahahaha
    Have a GREAT day,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUMMY! I love Chocolate Delight, or as we call it, Sin Pie ;)! My mom has a fabulous recipe that she has passed down to me =)!

    I also watched the finale just b/c you and Kelly had mentioned it. I was really pulling for Jason...a man with a child just melts my heart!

    I can't wait to see your before and after pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was pretty shocked by her picking Jesse too....I thought it would be Jason for sure. Oh well!

    I've never been to Trails End, but I'll have to try it out! That Chocolate Delight looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was shocked that she picked Jesse, too. I really thought it would be Jason and I felt so bad for him. Especially after she let him get down on one knee! Poor guy!
    I have not made "Chocolate Delight" in a long time and now you have got me wanting it. You can't go wrong with anything that has chocolate AND Cool Whip, can you?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too watched the Bachelorette and screamed the same scream that was heard round the world at the same time "Noooooooooooooooo." I was so NOT expecting that. She obviously didn't listen to her Big Fat Greek Family. As her sister and Dad seemed to favor Jason. I wonder what the Dad is thinking?
    Alas reality TV is always so far from reality, so who knows what truly happened.

    I can only hope that the next "train wreck show" that we love will feature Jason as the Bachelor.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)