Monday, July 14, 2008

3 Random Things


Mark left for Jamaica today along with 45 other students from our church. He has no cell phone, so I really don't have a way to communicate with him. I know it's going to be an awesome week there. Please pray for him and their team to be safe, healthy, and to reach the hearts of the people there for Christ! Thank you!!

Now for something fun...
I heard about a new show today called Rock The Reception on TLC. Have you ever heard of it? It looks like fun, but I'm not sure I would want the extra pressure of trying to learn dance steps while I was planning my wedding!! Here is a clip of what it's all about!



I think it starts tonight.

And, this is totally a different subject, but let me just tell you that I got EATEN ALIVE by mosquito bites tonight from standing in my driveway for literally 5 minutes talking to my friend Candy!! I am now itching to high heaven. :( I guess I'm pretty lucky, though. These are really my first bites of the summer!

But, I was looking up rememdies for mosquito bites and I saw this...


Mosquito bites: Before reaching for the insect bite cream, try rubbing the affected area with the inside of a banana skin. Many people find it amazingly successful at reducing swelling and irritation.

Maybe I'll try that!

9 comments:

  1. Please let us know how the banana skin works. Mosquitos eat me alive as well! Must be because we're so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Betsy, I just found your blog. I just started blogging and your blog is great! I will be praying for your son this week.
    Angie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of the banana trick! Ick.

    I'll be praying for your son on his trip. What an opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be praying for your son this week! I know it is going to be a life changing experience for him.

    The banana peel trick sounds like a good thing. I also use clear nail polish and put a tiny bit over a mosquito bite to stop the itching. It works too.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your son has such a wonderful spirit about him ;)! I promise to take time each day to pray for him while he is gone!!!

    Who knew? Bananas?

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my I need to rub banana peel all over lauren she is a mess of scabs and swelling all from mosquitoes!! Thank you I hope it works!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betsy I'm a little behind on my reading ~~ Mark in Jamica how exciting!! I will pray for him and you while he's away.

    I watched that video - I'm with you how would you find time to practice? But it was GREAT!!

    Banana on a m bite, I'll have to try this, my son is allergic to m bites. I know crazy, but it's called a histimine reaction. He's even had to be on antibotics before over a bite ~~ crazy stuff. This is worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That video was cool. My daughter is allergic to misquitos and we always have bananas. I will def. have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot stand mosquitos. My children and I were eaten alive while in Arkansas, but my husband, and my dad didn't get a single bite. Why is that??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)