Sunday, June 1, 2008

Week In Review

Stupidist Event of the Week: That whole scarf incident with Rachael Ray. Does she look like a terrorist to you???! That is just nuts!



Newest Fun Game of the Week: Ladder Ball! Last night at our Sunday School cookout we played a game I'd never heard of called Ladder Ball. It's really very simple. You just get three set of balls. Each set has two balls that are attached to a string (one ball on each end of the string.) You toss the balls and try to wrap them around the rungs of a ladder. You get certain points for wrapping them around each rung. That turned into a tournament! Everyone had so much fun playing it! Something to remember next time you have a cookout!



Best New Recipe of the Week: Fruit Salsa! This recipe is so light and refreshing. So yummy for summer. I promise it will be a hit if you take it to a covered dish or cookout!!

Fruit Salsa
2 granny smith apples
2-3 kiwi-peeled and diced
1-2 cups sliced strawberries
2 T. apple jelly
2 T. brown sugar
Stir these together.

10" flour tortillas--spray with water, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Cut into 8 slices/wedges. Bake at 400 until edges are brown.

On The Agenda For This Week: *make photo albums for all my students using the pictures I took of them all year. I am planning on giving these to them on the last day of school.

*Go to a new Book Club on Wednesday night with some ladies from church. Should be fun!

*Buy a shower gift for a sweet friend of mine.

*Stop by my brother's house to see his new Boxer puppy-Lexi.

Happiest Moment of the Week: Getting our air conditioner fixed upstairs. Yayy!! Thank you God for air conditioners in the south!

5 comments:

  1. How nice of you to make photo albums for your students! My daughter's kindergarten teacher made one for each of her classmates and I know that it was indeed a labor of love!

    The fruit salsa sounds yummy. I will definitely have plenty of opportunities to try that soon!

    I know you're glad to get your AC working again. We were in total shock when we were house hunting in Colorado five summers ago. 95% of homes here don't have AC. Coming from Arkansas we were in disbelief. We ended up buying a house with air conditioning, but it's June 1 and we haven't turned it on yet. We really only have to run it for about 6-8 weeks a year! Crazy, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I missed that whole Rachael Ray thing. Oh, my goodness! That recipe sounds YUMMY. That will definitely be on the list for this summer. Thanks for that! That is precious that you make albums for your students. I know the children and their families will cherish them...I know I would.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I AMEN that on the air conditioners in the South. I would not make it here in AR without one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of Ladder Ball BUT it sounds like FUN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I can't believe you make each of your students their own photo book. That must be a lot of work!!!
    I will see you at the Book Club on Wednesday!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)