Saturday, June 14, 2008

Thursday Update/Lazy Saturday

I have been so busy the past few days that I didn't get to blog last Thursday. That was the night we had a HUGE storm!



My girls and I were on our way out to dinner and when we left the house the sky was black in the distance, but we didn't think it would be a problem. So we started driving to La Unica and all of a sudden, it started a torrential DOWNPOUR with hail about 1 1/2 inches across. I thought Ashley's car was going to get damaged (I could just imagine it looking like it had cellulite!), so we decided to stop at Steve's parents' house since it was on the way and see if we could pull Ashley's car into their garage. Unfortunately, we weren't able to, but we did go inside and stay there for about 45 minutes waiting for that storm to pass. Thunder and lightening were popping every minute and the wind was blowing like crazy!

Anyway, we finally made it out to dinner and on our way back home, we saw this:





This was a tree that had fallen on a house in our neighborhood just right around the corner from us! Then all day Friday we didn't have any internet, cable, or phone! We felt totally cut off from the world all day.

Today was fun. Steve's brother Mike is in town and they got together and played basketball today with my two brothers, Blake and Brent. So while all the guys were doing that, Ashley and John, Laura, Lindy, and I all went to the pool for a couple of hours.









This is my assigned summer reading for school (Laura and Lindy and Ashley all loved it!) So I did some reading at the pool today.




Then I did some Father's Day shopping. Steve actually picked out his own present this year. Some kind of drill with a light on it?? Anyway...he liked it!

Tonight we went over to Steve's parents' house for shrimp creole



and key lime pie!



It was delicious! We had fun just sitting on their porch and talking. We eventually got out the Catch Phrase game and played that for a while. I love that game!

It was a fun Saturday. And the best part is that I didn't have even one thought about school! Happy times! :)



PS-I was so sad to hear about Tim Russert dying! I really liked him and enjoyed watching him on Meet The Press! So sad!

Also, my brother wrote a really sweet blog about Mark yesterday. If you're interested, you can read it here.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my word! Uncle Blake totally made me cry. That was the sweetest post! I guess sweetness just runs in the family! It sounds like you had a fantastic weekend (except for the storm...I'm so sorry for your neighbor). The pool looks like SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that your family was safe during the storm!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a storm wow! good thing your safe! I was in one kind of like that last week scary and I thought our burb was going to be all dented to! Crazy weather!! What a fun weekend though you guys have the funnest family!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)