Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Projects

So today I have been busy with lots of projects! I think I told you that Lindy wanted to re-do her room so we have been looking for throw pillows and ordering her comforter and sheets, etc. Next we will be matching paint.

And this morning Ashley and I went to Target, Linens and Things, and Bed, Bath, and Beyond looking for some new stuff for her bathroom which is also our guest bath. We are all totally over her teenage-y blue and yellow daisy theme she has had going on in there. Time for an update!!

We spent forever looking at different combinations of towels and shower curtains, etc. and couldn't decide on what we liked, so we ended up leaving with nothing. But then I went back with Laura and Lindy later in the day and we tried some different combinations and finally decided on what we wanted. I even got paint and have been painting all afternoon. I will show you some before and after pictures soon!

We also stopped by Pier One and got these pillows for my porch.




During our shopping spree we had to stop and get some ice cream to share. Here we are at Ben and Jerry's eating a scoop of Half Baked--a mix of chocolate chip cookie dough and chocolate brownie. Laura and Lindy picked it out.






Even Steve has been working on a project over at his parents house today! I guess we're all just feeling really productive!

13 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

What an awesome porch! I would be out there all the time. The pillows are great with that couch. Those are the same colors I have all over my house. I just love them together. Now, I'm hungry for ice cream. That looked SO good. Can't wait to see the finished projects! You HAVE been busy!

Deidre said...

Oh, to sit on that beautiful porch. It looks so peaceful.

I can't wait to see the before and after photos.

I LOVE your new blog design! It's beautiful!

mer said...

So, did all the room makeover decisions spur you on to do a blog makeover too? I think it's SO CUTE!

I just know you're lovin' summer!

petrii said...

Betsy, Wow I love your new blog design!! Really Beautiful!! And that porch ~~ Girl seriously ~~ you got it going on :) and the ice cream ~~ Oh my goodness!!

Can't wait to see before and after pics!! Have a Blessed day, Dawn

Meag said...

Oh, I just love summer projects! (I teach too - isn't it nice to have a perpetual weekend for about two months?!?!) I LOVE th pillows you picked for the porch, and by the way the porch looks devine!! I can't wait to see before and after pictures! I am going to have some summer project pictures of my own to post here before too long! Yay!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I am so jealous of your porch...BUT in a good way ;)! Those pillows are absolutely precious and absolutely YOU!

I can't wait to see pics of your finished product!

Nicole M Wood said...

I love your new look.

I want a porch. I would love to just grab a book and sit outside. My summer project has been to clean out closets... It is really boring. I am ready to start having some summer fun.

Julie said...

I love love love your porch! I think I could sit out there for hours just reading away! I love the new pillows very cute.

Be sure and show us before and after pictures of the new bathroom and bedroom!

p.s. Where do you get your energy!!?? You have accomplished a lot!! I'm jealous. I start a list but I am having a horrible time completing anything?!!

Caroline said...

love the new background!!!! where have i been??????? IT IS SOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!! who did it???????

Christal said...

love the porch looks so good!! good thing you girls are all so skinny for all that yummy ice cream how fun you guys always have so much fun together! what a great mom you are!!
Love the new blog look I think its funny we picked the same one it looks great --- don't change it!!
Can't wait to see the before's and after's of the rooms!! Have a great day!!

The Garners said...

Thank you for stopping by to visit my blog!

I LOVE your porch--that looks like such a great place to hang out! Cute pillows, too.

Kelly said...

Well - I can't wait to see pictures of these room makeovers!!!

MiMi said...

I can't wait to see your Before and After pictures of all that you are doing. The pillows you got for your porch were a great find and I know that you must really enjoy having that porch! I wish that some of your energy would rub off on me!

I love the changes that you have made to your blog. It looks awesome! So CUTE!

I also wanted to thank you for your sweet comments on my blog. I am really enjoying getting to know you and I always look forward to your posts.