Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Myrtle Beach

I love living in North Carolina because you have such easy access to the beach and the mountains! We left this morning around 8:30, took Rocky to "Best Friends" where he stays while we are gone and then we were off to the beach!

On the way, we stopped in Florence, SC at this place called Redbone Alley for some shrimp and grits!




We got to the beach around 2:00. We are staying at the Hilton in Myrtle Beach. It has lots of pools and our room overlooks the ocean.



We all put our swim suits on and headed straight down to the beach right away! I don't think I've ever been here when the weather has been this nice. For some reason there is NO humidity today which is very weird...usually the beach air is so thick you could cut it with a knife! While we were lying on the beach, of course we had to order some pina coladas!



The hotel is really fun. They have a poolside DJ who plays lots of fun music all afternoon and there is a restaurant and bar right there. Plus they have activities directors who were playing games with the kids. Laura and Lindy ran into two of their really good friends, Mary and Madeline, so they got to hang out with them all afternoon!



Tonight we went to Barefoot Landing which is a open air mall type place with lots of restaurants and shops, etc. We ate dinner and got some ice cream and listened to some people singing karaoke.


While we were eating dinner, I got a text message from Mark. I think I mentioned he is in the Dominican Republic with a bunch of his friends on a graduation trip. He said the resort was "STUNNING" and "the girls were taking mad pics"(in his exact words--I was fussing at him for not taking his camera!), but he and several others have gotten sick I guess from the water or something there. He is still having fun, but I'm sure not as great as he would like. Now I'm worried about him. Please pray for him to feel better tomorrow!

Time for bed. We are all tired. Being out in the sun all day saps your energy! Have a great night!

10 comments:

Kelly said...

I wish we had an ocean and a beach in Arkansas! :-) You are so lucky! I always hear about shrimp and grits in NC/SC and wonder if I would like that???? Still not sure.
Glad ya'll are having a great time. I'm not jealous at all sitting here at work. No - not jealous at all.

Faith said...

I must admit, I am SO jealous!!! I love the beach, and I also love going to Barefoot Landing!
The shrimp and grits sounds delicious! Keep having a great time!!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I am so jealous! I wish that we had a beach close to us =)! Your girls are so beautiful and so lucky to have a mom as wonderful and fun as you!

I will be praying for Mark!!!

Melissa said...

looks like a great little get away! Hope yall have fun.

Julie said...

Jealous! Jealous! Jealous! Jealous!

Coveting! Coveting! Coveting!

This post did not help the jealousy, envy, and coveting struggles I have been fighting!! :)

Food and scenery look fabulous!!! And so do you!!

Leigh Ann said...

Is it okay if I am totally jealous of you right now. That looks fantastic! What a view! Your girls are so pretty. They look just like you! It looks like you all always have so much fun together!

Deidre said...

I love Barefoot Landing and I love the beach (we just went a few weeks ago). I know you're having beautiful weather. Enjoy!

Kellie DeLange said...

It sounds like you guys are having so much fun!!! I have only been to Mrytle Beach once and the weather was bad!!! I am so glad you guys are having nice weather. We are in MI right now and it is so cold-highs in the 60s!!! That's cool for us!!! Have lots of fun!!!

MiMi said...

Oh I am SO jealous! I am so glad that you are having nice weather. The shrimp and grits looks so yummy! Have a great time!
Emilie

Becoming Me said...

I live so close to Myrtle yet have never been