Sunday, June 15, 2008

June 15th Flashback

One year ago today, our family had the opportunity to take the trip of a lifetime. We got to go to Europe for two weeks together and it was probably one of the most memorable events ever for our family. We have been talking about it all day today and reminiscing about all the fun we had.

One of the funniest parts of the trip was how Steve always tried to talk with whatever country's accent that we were in at the time. Just hearing him try to say "croissant" with a French accent made all my kids laugh and roll their eyes at the same time. Now everytime he says that word, we all have a good laugh about it.

So....since we had been thinking about the trip all day today, Steve decided that for Father's Day he wanted me to make something with croissants for dinner and then he wanted the family to watch the Europe video together. So I made homemade chicken salad on croissants and we are going to try to watch the video if we can get all the kids together.

I thought I would share just a few (and I mean this literally since we took probably around 400 pictures-haha!) of our favorite Europe pictures.


This is what jet lag looks like!



We started our trip in London. Here we are in front of Big Ben.



Buckingham Palace



The Tower of London



From London, it was off to Paris. Here we are in front of Notre Dame.



The Eiffel Tower at night.



Once we left Paris, we went to Prague. Here are Mark and Laura in classic Czech Republic attire.



Here we are on a bridge overlooking Prague.



Then it was on to Vienna, Austria. This is us at a little park in Vienna watching some baby ducks in a pond.



Downtown Vienna at night.



After Vienna we went to Switzerland. Doesn't Mark look cute as a little Swiss boy?



Laura and Lindy in Interlachen.



In the Swiss Alps.



Then we were off to our last stop, Rome. Here Steve and I are on the Spanish Steps.



At the Vatican.


In front of the Coliseum.



Ok now that I've bored everyone to tears, I will stop. Since today is Father's Day I just wanted to say how blessed I am to have such a wonderful husband who is such an awesome dad! He works very hard to provide for his family, but he doesn't put his career first and always finds time to spend with his kids. He is a wonderful role model of what a godly man should look like. He makes sure our family spends time together and does fun things that make lots of happy memories. He teaches his children to be kind and respectful and to honor God in what they do. And he models how to treat a wife with love and respect. Those are all qualities that I admire and I don't take those things for granted. I know I am a lucky girl and so are my children. Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful dads out there!

7 comments:

  1. The trip that you took had to be absolutely amazing. You have a beautiful family. Those are memories that your family will never forget and what a good idea to celebrate with chicken salad croissants tonight! Happy Father's Day, Steve!
    Emilie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to go to Europe someday! I loved your photos, and love that your family was going to spend time "remembering" today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This trip looks absolutely AMAZING! I spent two weeks in Italy with my family in 2000, and it is a trip I will cherish forever!!!

    Your family is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What amazing photos!! My boss just came back from 9 days in Europe.

    Although it is just Bryan and I, I love having summer vacations with him. Making memories are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! What a trip! So neat to be able to do that as a family....those memories will last forever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That IS a trip of a lifetime! Wow! I loved seeing those pictures. Your family really is blessed to have gotten to go to those beautiful places! My family went to Mexico one year when I was in junior high and I remember how my sisters and I would laugh so hard when my dad would order "Guatemala" dip instead of guacamole! I loved seeing your trip and that you guys incorporated the croissants and the video. You really do have a precious family. Oh, and I am looking for a good chicken salad recipe, so if you are willing to share I'd be interested.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post I want to go to europe someday all those places!! how fun to do it as a family! What awesome memories!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)