Saturday, June 7, 2008

Happy Saturday!

This day was totally enjoyable...no scheduled activites! I made blueberry muffins this morning. We always have those on Saturdays. And I am in LOVE with this:



That hazlenut creamer is just so good!

Ashley and I went to the pool all morning. I tried to take a picture of us, but my camera battery died. But we had the best time reading our magazines and lying in the sun. It was already so hot this morning that we got right in the water and it felt great!

When we got home we made sandwiches and ate on the porch and then my girls and I headed to the mall. They always help me pick out cute clothes! It's like I have my own little stylists! :) My class gave me a VISA gift card as an end of year gift, so I got to spend it today and I got some new summer stuff.

I made dinner at home, but all my kids ended up having plans, so Steve and I were the only ones here to eat it! That's the trouble with having teenagers! I never know what to cook because their plans are always changing. Oh well, it worked out great. We enjoyed having some time to talk!

After dinner we went to Cold Stone Creamery. At Cold Stone, you can get any kind of ice cream you want and anything you want in it. Then they mix it all together for you on a cold marble slab. It's so hard to decide what to get there! So many choices!


We ended up getting chocolate ice cream with Butterfingers mixed in. Then we sat outside and listened to a band that was playing and just hung out for a while. We decided to take a few goofy pictures of ourselves, too! (Steve's a good sport to play along with me!)





We left Rocky outside while we were gone. Have I mentioned that it is HOT here??? I think we hit 97 degrees today and they are calling for 100 tomorrow! Anyway...when we got home, Rocky was so hot that he was panting like CRAZY! We had a fan on upstairs because we can't seem to get our upstairs cool enough. He ran straight to it and sat in front of it for about 10 minutes. Poor thing! (The fan doesn't look like it's on, but it was going strong! My camera must catch action shots pretty well!)

5 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

You are definitely a girl after my own heart. LOVE blueberry muffins, LOVE swimming, LOVE shopping (especially with a gift card), and LOVE eating ice cream (especially Cold Stone) with my husband! Sounds like my kind of Saturday. Glad you had a great one! You are Steve are too cute!

MiMi said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day! We have a tradition of Blueberry Pancakes in our house on the weekends, too! My granddaughter, Emma, LOVES them and wants then every time she is at our house! Sometimes it's nice to have the kids plans change so that you and your husband can spend some time alone! Glad you had a fun Saturday!
Emilie

petrii said...

I'm going to have to try that creamer ~~ I LOVE hazelnut!!

How cute you and your husband are ~~ terrific fun pics!! Sounds like you had a GREAT day.

Faith said...

You guys are so cute! Glad you had a fun evening together. We went to Cold Mountain Creamery (new place) tonight after church and it was really good. I'm not usually an ice cream girl (sensitive teeth) but I really do enjoy it at the end of a HOT day, and we have had plenty of those lately!
Sounds like you had fun shopping too! I bet you got some cute things!

Megan L Hutchings said...

Your students were so sweet to get you a gift card =)! Then again, I can only imagine what a wonderful teacher you are!!!

Cold Stone...YUMMO! I will admit that ice cream of any kind is definitely my weakness! Web & I visit our Marble Slab often =)!

You & Steve are ABSOLUTELY PRECIOUS!