Friday, June 20, 2008

Back Home


We are all home from all our travels now safe and sound. We had such a fun trip. Yesterday Steve had to work so all us girls just hung out at the hotel all day. We woke up and got Starbucks for breakfast and ate outside. Then we put our bathing suits on and literally did not leave the beach and pool all day.


We rented some chairs at the beach and rotated between there and going up to the pool. We did lots of reading and watching all the hoola hoop and "big splash" contests going on. This little girl was the youngest hoola hooper. I don't think she was more than about 4 or 5 years old and she was GOOD!


We ate lunch at the poolside bar. I came in around 4:00, but the girls didn't come back until 6:00 or so. We ate a late dinner then came back to the hotel and just watched TV. It was very low key. We thought about playing putt-putt, but everyone was exhausted from a whole day playing in the sun. Here we are at dinner...we just ate at a little steak place.


We got to hang out at the pool this morning for a little while before we had to leave at noon. It was such a fun and relaxing trip.

Mark made it home safe and sound tonight. I have been so worried about him, but he is much better now and is so tan! He had fun, but I think he's glad to be home, too. I love that boy! I am proud of how he handles himself even on a senior graduation trip.

I feel like a mama hen with all her little chicks back in the nest. :)

I was thinking as I was lying in the sun yesterday about making sure we all had enough sunscreen on. I have had a few cases of pre-cancerous skin cells removed, so I am always really on guard about not over doing it in the sun. But what was so ironic was that last night I was going down my blog roll checking in on everyone and I came to Carrie's blog.



I don't really know her, but I feel like I do because she was one of the first blogs I ever read. I got to know who she was because she is a very talented scrapbooker and I love to scrapbook. Anyway...I digress.

Recently she lost a really close friend, Julie, to skin cancer. (You can read part of Julie's story here. Believe me, it will give you chills!) Julie was a young mom who left behind a wonderful husband and three precious children. So yesterday, Carrie was offering some great advice about skin cancer and protection. You should check out her blog if you have a minute (the June 17th post.) It will really make you think!!

PS-My blog has all of a sudden gotten these wierd spacing issues. Sometimes it does double spacing and sometimes single spacing?? Does anyone know how to change the spacing or make it one way or the other?? Help!

4 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Glad all you guys are home safe. So glad you all had a great time. That hotel looks amazing! Having a son, I understand the special relationship between a mother and her son. There is nothing like it!

mer said...

I know what you mean about having all your "chicks" at home. I can never fully relax unless all of mine are with me. :)

I am going to read Carrie's blog. I adore the sun and am not as careful as I should be most pf the time...especially in this intense Colorado sun.

Oh, I'm having a little scrapbooking giveaway that you should totally enter!!!

MiMi said...

Glad you had a great time! Enjoy having all your chicks in your nest!
Emilie

Megan L Hutchings said...

I am so happy that you had a GREAT time and you are back safe and sound =)!

Next trip...will you take me?