Tuesday, June 3, 2008

100!

Today is my 100th post, so when I saw the title of this book, it made me laugh(and, no, I don't own it. haha)


I do admit that blogging is kind of weird to me. I have some friends who totally don't get it for various reasons and I can understand that. I feel the same way sometimes! I think the thing I don't really like about blogging is that it seems self-centered (kind of like the book title!) I definitely don't want to seem like all I think about is myself and every little detail of my own life! And I admit that calling people "friends" whom I have never even met seems a little strange. But, at the same time, I really like it! I have learned so much and been really inspired by so many people. There are some great ideas and stories out there! And it is so encouraging to have people tell me that they understand whatever I'm going through or they are praying for me. Plus I've always been a journaler, so this is a great way to keep that up. Anyway, for me, despite the weirdness, it has been so much fun blogging that I can't believe I'm already at 100!

But this 100th blog has made me think about how I am preserving all of these posts. So, all you experienced bloggers out there...how do you save what you've written and all your pictures? Any advice on the best way to do that? I know someone who prints out her blog at the end of every month. Is there a better way that anyone knows about?

Also, I have two quick things to share with you:


1-I went to Chick-Fil-A today. I am just so impressed with their manners and customer service there. A while back I remember going to Chick-Fil-A and when they handed me my food I said, "Thank you!" The boy who was waiting on me responded with, "My pleasure!" WOW! That really stopped me in my tracks! I thought to myself, "Well, isn't that just the nicest, most polite guy? How refreshing!" Then I went back again and realized that's the new phrase they've all been taught to say. But, you know what? It's STILL so nice to hear everytime they say it! I love that!

2-I have a blogging friend, Sophia, who I read every day.


She is a wonderful writer and she is fun! She is probably the first blogger I think I ever read. She's been doing it a LONG time! Anyway, she had a really great post a few days ago on tips for surviving the summer with kids. I just wanted to share this link with you because we're headed into the summer season and I know all the moms out there are looking for ways to help the summer run smoothly.

PS-If you do make your way over to her blog, look in her archives (October 2005) and scroll down to the story called Tumbleweed just to understand her very special life circumstances.

Have a great night!

10 comments:

  1. Hey you congrats on 100 posts weird eh that we have that much to say I agree with you on the blogging thing but it is addicting and so cool to "meet" new people from all over and be inspired and uplifted by others. On printing your blog you could try www.blurb.com thats in book form its pretty cool you know that I just binder mine and print it off as I go but I've been doing it from the start so it makes it easier cut and paste!!
    Love sophia too she is wonderful! What a story eh!! Thats what we are all here for to learn from others, help others, and in the meantime learn and grow ourselves right!! Have a great summer!! ttys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 100th post! I found you from your comment about the dry erase boards. What a great idea!

    Sounds like you're a great teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 100 posts!!! I'm glad you blog!!
    ANd Chick-fil-a IS the nicest fast food out there. They always make me smile because they are so nice and friendly. I call them the "christian chicken".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 100th! By the way, how do you know when you get to 100? Did you go back and count them all? I have also wondered what is the best way to get a hard copy of the entries. I'll have to check back to see what others say. I adore your blog! Oh, and I am the biggest Chik-fil-a fan. At our location, they even have senior citizens that float around refilling drinks. It's just a great place to go, especially with kids. I love that they play Christian music in the background, too. I'm off to visit your friend, now. Have a great day, Betsy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH BETSY, HAPPY 100TH POST!!! THAT IS SO AMAZING! I so enjoy your blog and so glad that you are my blog friend! I really love hearing about your kids and how you mother them! It is so beautiful to me! Congrats and I can't wait for the next 100!!!!


    ps....great question about saving work and pictures....i don't have a clue but need to know too!!!!! email me if some one shares great advice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are 100! happy day!

    i have negative advice for blog saving--my sister's husband printed out her entire blog at once for her birthday. so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just came across your blog...love it! Congrats on 100 posts! We don't have any Chik-fil-a's around here, but I've heard such good things about them. I wish there was one close.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on 100!!!!
    I've only been blogging for a little while and I definitely feel weird about it all still. I do like how I am getting to know people, like you, better and I get to write my days activites down so I can look back one day and remember all the fun stuff we did.
    I love Chik-fil-A too! They are super nice there. The last time we went they brought our food to our table, refilled our drinks, and gave Parker a special toy (even though we didn't buy him a meal). They know customer service there!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE YOUR BLOG! YOU CAN TALK ABOUT YOURSELF AS MUCH AS YOU LIKE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Chick Fil A's customer service too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)