Friday, May 16, 2008

The Weekend Is Finally Here!

I can't even tell you how happy I am that it is FRIDAY!!! The closer it gets to school getting out, the harder it seems to get up each day and go to school. I LOVE my class and will miss them so much. It's just the grind of the everyday routine that gets to you. Up every day at 5:30, working all day, running errands, cooking dinner, etc. I am looking forward to no schedules!

Tonight Mark, Laura, and Lindy all went to a school event called "Battle of the Bands", so Steve and I went with Ashley to Bonefish Grille. I love that restaurant. We had Bang Bang shrimp for an appetizer.


Then I had the grilled talapia with mango salsa, zucchini, and au gratin potatoes. It was sooo good!! Ashley had the fish tacos and I tried them. Really good!! I might get those next time.

When we got home, we watched a documentary that Ashley asked me to get from Netflix. It was called the Up Series.



She watched it in one of her classes at USC and really liked it, so she wanted me to see it. It follows a group of children in London from the time they were 7 years old in 1964 until today. They interview them every 7 years from then till now. We watched the one when they were 7 and then the one where they were 14 years old. It probably sounds boring, but it was really good! The kids were just absolutely adorable! Very interesting!

Tomorrow Steve and I are going to a Widow's Luncheon at our church. Steve is a deacon and all the deacons adopt one or two widows in our church. We take them out to lunch and he goes to visit them from time to time, etc. We love them both! They are both such sweet women with such full lives and so much wisdom. I love hearing their stories about their children and grandchildren. One of them is in her 80's and she takes Tai Chi!! They are both very active. Tomorrow we get to spend time with them. Other than that, our day is wide open. LOVE THAT!!!

Hope you have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Those movies sound really interesting! Your husband is so sweet to adopt a widow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)