Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Weekend Catch-up

I'm playing catch up this week. I never got to tell you about my Mother's Day because one of the best things about it was that I got to take a nap. However, taking that wonderful nap made me stay awake half the night, so yesterday I was EXHAUSTED!! I was way too tired to blog last night!

My Mother's Day was so nice! My girls cleaned the house for me (the best treat ever!) and then they cooked lunch for us, Steve's parents, and his sister's family!! We ordered barbeque and then they made some side dishes-corn on the cob, potato casserole, green beans, fruit salad, and spinach salad. Then my neice made some chocolate mint brownies for dessert! It was so good!

I got some very sweet gifts, too! I love smell good stuff, so my kids gave me some Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Pillow Mist and shower gel! Plus they gave me two White Barn candles. I was just thinking I needed some more candles and then I got those!

Sunday night we celebrated Ashley's birthday at Salsa's. We are all Mexican food crazy around here! haha Then it was back to our house to have Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream cake (Ashley's favorite) with the grandparents.






She got a new digital camera, J Crew and Banana Republic gift cards, the movie PS I Love You, and lots of other good stuff.

It was a very busy weekend, but it was lots of fun. Tonight Steve is having his Bible Study at our house so I am taking whoever wants to go out to dinner. Don't know where yet? Then tonight is Art In The Park where all the students at our school put their artwork up at a little park here in town. Then parents come out and bring their blankets and lawn chairs, etc. Different children perform and there are vendors there with food. Parents can buy their children's art work to raise money for our school. The kids are so excited and the parents really enjoy it, too.
Tomorrow is Field Day at school. Never a dull moment!! :)

PS-Rocks In My Dryer had a really fun post today all about the simple things in life. You should go visit if you have time!

4 comments:

  1. Wow I miss a day or two and busy busy! You have the cutest family always doing fun exciting things!! Its always fun to have the college kids come home for the summer we love having our bro and sis come home!
    Your kids are beautiful Happy birthday to ashley and happy mothers day to you! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a nice Mother's Day! How fun to get to celebrate two family members on the same day!

    I love the Art in the Park idea. I might have to mention that to our PTO President!

    Oh, we're mexican food lovers here too. My fam took me out for mexican on Sunday and it was yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment - you inspired me to post the poem in a post of its own. Thank you! I don't think I would have posted it if you wouldn't have let me know that you liked it.

    I'd never visited you either, and I just wanted to tell you that you have a lovely site! And wanted to tell you I liked your list as well - especially the vine ripe tomatoes! Thanks again for inspiring me to put my favorite things into a post of my own. Much love to you and yours, take care and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow....art in the park...you have just given me a wonderful thing to do!!!!! THANKS!!!!!!! i am so glad you had a wonderful mothers day....hang in there during this
    C-A-Z-Y end of the year time!!!!!

    tell ashley Banana Republic is my FAV!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)