Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ups and Downs

I think life is so interesting. It really is a rollercoaster ride full of ups and downs everyday. Ups and downs so far this week (and it's only Tuesday!!):

Downs
*So sad to hear about Ted Kennedy's brain tumor. Even though I totally disagree with many of the things he stands for, I respect his years in the Senate and I would not wish that horrible diagnosis on anyone!

*Laura and Lindy have a good friend who they just learned is pregnant. They love her and have already started praying for her. I know this is difficult on her parents, though.

*A friend of mine's daughter just graduated from college and had an exciting prospect for a glamorous job. It fell through today.

*Missing Steve and Ashley!

*Lots of cars got broken into today at my kids' high school. Money and credit cards were stolen. What is wrong with people?

Ups
*Only 14 more school days!!! Can I get an AMEN?!!!

*Got a couple of good movies in the mail from Netflix today, plus one waiting for me that I got at Blockbuster. Sounds like I've got some movie watching in my future!

*Our grass is so green this year! Yay for that!

*Laundry is down this week with two people gone!

*Dinners are easy and quick. Hot dogs, french fries, and broccoli slaw tonight.

*Made one of our favorite desserts last night & everyone loved it.

Blueberry Crisp
1 can of blueberry (or any kind!) pie filling
1 1/2 cups of yellow cake mix
1 package pecan chips
1 stick of butter

Pour blueberry pie filling into shallow baking dish. Sprinkle cake mix over the top. Sprinkle with pecans. Melt one stick of butter and pour over everything. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes. Enjoy!


*A thunderstorm is rolling in. Maybe it will rain tonight and I will leave the windows open so I can hear it! That is some good sleeping!!

*American Idol Tonight!!

PS-I did watch the Bachelorette. Deanna is cute. She looks sooooo much like my sweet friend, Kelley Brown, who I taught school with and who was Laura's first grade teacher. Laura ADORED her...spent the night with her, played with her kids, etc. Kelley died about three years ago of breast cancer. I still miss her. You might not can tell from this picture because Kelley had just cut and lightened her hair (plus it's just one picture taken on one day--it's hard to know if you didn't see her all the time). But her hair was naturally dark and long. She was beautiful inside and out.


3 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

What a sweet tribute to your friend. I definitely see the resemblance with Kelly and DeAnna. Kelly was so pretty! "Idol" was an up in my week, too. Both Davids did great, but I think David A. might win.

Kelly said...

I'm sorry about your friend - she looked very sweet and pretty.
Well - Yeay for 14 days left! I hope you have a wonderful summer!
You have some great things on your "good" list. And some yucky ones on your "bad" list. I'm glad the good out weighs the bad.

Christal said...

What a nice tribute to your friend. Sad downs, happy ups! I'm excited for school to be over too! But you will be more then ready eh! American idol is the best this year I really don't care who wins they are both amazing!! Well hang in there school is almost done!Have a great day!!