Saturday, May 24, 2008

Three Day Weekends

I think every weekend should be a three day weekend! It is so much more relaxing that way! This weekend has been great so far. Friday night we finally got to go on a date. When was the last time that happened? We went to one of our favorite restaurants-Carrabas. I got a bowl of Italian soup and a mediterranian salad with grilled talapia on top. That was something new for me and it was so good. Then we came home and watched Charlie Wilson's War with Tom Hanks. I love him!


I thought that was a really good movie! Unfortunately, I fell asleep about 3/4 of the way through it, so I still need to finish it. haha! Friday nights I am always so exhausted!

Laura and Lindy are gone for the weekend to the mountains with a friend, so only Mark and Ashley are home. This morning it was rainy and dark all morning.


Steve and I got up and ate breakfast and did a few things around the house. But the house was so quiet! Ashley went to zumba and Mark was watching ESPN, so we did something I don't think we've ever done before...we took a nap at around 10:00 and slept for another hour. What on earth?! We must both be more tired than we think. Then we woke up and did chores and errands. The sun came out and we got ready to leave for my niece's (Steve's sister's daughter) graduation which was in Winston-Salem, NC.

Do you know what the best part of the day was? We got to spend 3 hours in the car together talking and catching up!! Our lives have been fast and furious lately, so that was so fun. We talked about our kids and our summer plans and filled each other in on this past week while we were apart. We listened to lots of good music...country, oldies (Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Peter Frampton, Van Halen) all those songs from our high school days.

Sweetest thing said to me today:
Steve: "I LOVE when I get to spend time with someone who I love to spend time with!"




Rebeccah's graduation was nice. She was homeschooled so this was for homeschoolers from all over the state. Congratulations, Rebeccah!


Now we are back home. It is late so I need to get to bed. Tomorrow we have church and I am bringing snacks to Sunday School! Busy day ahead!

4 comments:

mer said...

So many things I want to say...

I LOVE Carrabbas. John took me there a couple of weeks ago when he was wining/dining an author he's working with. Chicken Bryan is my fave!

I borrowed Charlie Wilson's War from the library, but took it back without watching it. Should I try again?

I can never make it through a movie on Friday nights either. We tried watching Spiderman III and I fell asleep 20 minutes into it. So sad, huh?

And I totally agree with you about car trips being good time to spend together. John and I are home together a lot, but usually we're off doing our own thing. In the car, it's much more focused time!

Enjoy the rest of your day, and enjoy tomorrow too!

Leigh Ann said...

How sweet was that comment from your husband?!!! Awww! And, how cute are the two of you?!!! I love little road trips with my husband. It is a great time to talk and catch up. Sounds like a great weekend already. Hope you enjoy your Memorial Day tomorrow!

Faith said...

Awww! This is such a sweet post! I'm glad you are having a wonderful weekend! I LOVE Carrabbas too...yummy!!

Megan L Hutchings said...

There is nothing better than some quality time with your hubby while on a long drive!