Monday, May 19, 2008

Sticking It Out

So, Steve left today for 5 days to visit his brother in West Palm Beach, Florida. Can I tell you how jealous I am? No fair!!! And Ashley left yesterday to go back to Columbia for the week to play with her friends, hang out at the pool, go to dinner, etc. So the rest of us are still here sticking it out to the bitter end while some people get to have fun. (Whine, whine, sniff, sniff).

Things really aren't so bad. For one thing, I am so happy that we made the decision to build our porch last summer. Just sitting out here, like I am right now, makes me HAPPY! I think it brings my blood pressure down just stepping onto it. It is like a retreat being out here.

Next week at school we are having a Celebration of Nations. It is where each grade level takes a different part of the world to study. We learn about culture, food, dress, games, dance, language, etc. from a certain continent. Then we have a big parade and everyone dresses in the national costumes from their area and does some kind of performance from that continent. We do it outside and all the parents are invited. It's a lot of fun.

In kindergarten, our continent is South America. My country is Chile, so I have been teaching the students about that country. But anyway, we asked some of our moms to come in and transform the kindergarten hall into the Amazon Rainforest. Wow! They went all out! Our whole hall is amazing. Here are just a few pictures, but, believe me....it is way more than I could take pictures of!!






There has been some good TV on lately. Last night I watched the Academy of Country Music Awards. First of all, let me say that Carrie Underwood is absolutely beautiful to me, plus so talented. And I love her new song "I Don't Even Know My Last Name"!! Haha...fun song! She opened the show and was awesome! Plus I am such a big country music fan, I just love seeing all my favorites...Kenny Chesney, Brad Paisley, Keith Urban, Taylor Swift, etc...


Today I came home from school and turned on Oprah while I was folding laundry (weird as she's been). She had a Mary Tyler Moore reunion on. I LOVE that show!!! I have several boxed DVD sets and watch them all the time. It was cool because they had the exact replicas of Mary's office and her apartment. It was a fun show today.



Laura and Lindy told me The Bachelorette is starting tonight. I normally don't watch that show. None of the couples ever seem to stay together and even though it's intriguing, it usually seems wrong to me somehow. But...I might try it tonight since Steve is gone and he won't be rolling his eyes the whole time it's on. We'll see....

7 comments:

  1. I found your blog through Megan H. Then, I saw your blog roll with all my regular stops and read your most recent posts. Well, you are my kind of girl!!!! Ha! I watched some of the CMAs, too. Did you notice Carrie (in your picture) and the girl from Sugarland wearing the jumpsuits? Then, I noticed in that pic of Mary she is also in a jumpsuit. What a coincidence. Wondering if the jumpsuit is back!!! I hope not. Ha! I wanted to just say hi and tell you I enjoyed your blog. I'm adding you to my blog roll. My little boy starts Kindergarten this Fall and I'm praying for a Christian teacher for him. He has autism and this is going to be a big transition for him and ME! I also have an almost 19 mo. little girl. Okay, this is the longest comment ever. I'll be back to visit! Oh, and I think I'm going to watch the Batchlorette tonight too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, how was the Bachelorette? I've been a big bachelor fan, but this past season I just couldn't get into it. My husband always rolls his eyes at it when I watch it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Celebration of Nations sounds fun! And the decorations look incredible!
    I watched the Bachelorette!!! I'm not real crazy about her, but I hope she can find someone good after what happened last time!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great hallway!!! your parents did a fantastic job. don't you just love sitting on the porch relaxing? nothing better! Just a few more weeks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i am in love with the hallway at your school. tell those moms A+ from me!!!!! wow that is such a great idea. man, i think i need to me am elem. art teacher!!!!!! ok sniff sniff from me too that your husband is having fun and we are all working hard!!!! hahahhahh just kiddin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betsy ~ you are going to absolutely ADORE Leigh Ann!!! She is one of my favorite people...I have never met her but we communicate via e-mail and she is a ray of sunshine!!!!

    I adore the hallway! I always loved studying different countries, doing reports, making their food, etc. I wish I could be there to see the parade, so please post pics.

    Also, people have told me that I remind them of Mary Tyler Moore...I hope that is a compliment!

    AMERICAN IDOL FINALE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the Chile decorations! Those ladies were very creative! I wouldn't be able to handle it if my husband went to Florida!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)