Thursday, May 8, 2008

So Spoiled!

Well, the spoiling continues. Yesterday we had our lunch catered in by City Tavern, a very nice restaurant here in Charlotte. We had one after another of those silver warming trays with so much yummy food in them. Believe me, it was extremely nice and fancy! We had mom volunteers come watch our class while we got an hour off to relax and enjoy ourselves.

Then today it was dessert day with yet another spread of every dessert from brownies to fruit and dip to cheesecake!! I am not a huge sweets person, but it was all delicious! My favorite thing was the chocolate chip cheese ball. Do you like chocolate chip cheesecake?



Then you would LOVE this! It was served with the little chocolate graham cracker sticks. Mmmmmmmmmm! I looked up the recipe when I got home and here it is.

Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball

INGREDIENTS
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans

DIRECTIONS
In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Mix in confectioners' sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Shape chilled cream cheese mixture into a ball. Wrap with plastic, and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Roll the cheese ball in finely chopped pecans before serving.

Ashley is coming home from school for the summer tomorrow. While she's been gone, I've been using her room as my laundry room/office. Guess I better get in there and clean it up! Have a good night!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

YUM!!! I feel like I've gained 10 lbs this week from all the food!

Christal said...

That looks so yummy and I'm not a big sweets person either! Happy teachers week what a great week to be a teacher and I'm sure your an amazing one!! Lucky students !

Megan L Hutchings said...

That looks sinfully delicious!