Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Ashley-Happy Mother's Day to Me!

This really is a happy Mother's Day for me! Today Ashley turns 21!!!



I think that birthday has so much significance because you're finally considered an adult! How did that happen so fast?? I have an adult child???!!!

I remember the Mother's Day before Ashley was born. I went to church and looked at all the other mothers and just couldn't wait until my baby was finally here. I was wishing I was already a mother that day. But later on that day, I went into labor and Ashley was born the next day!! When she came out, I remember that she wasn't crying...just looking around with her pretty blue eyes just taking everything in. She came out curious and stayed that way!






I can honestly say that Ashley has been nothing but a joy and a pleasure to raise. She has always been a little ray of sunshine in our lives and has never given us one minute of trouble. She is just a sweet, happy person who is loving life everyday. I love how she laughs easily and cries easily and how she calls one of us each day to tell us something exciting or funny that has happened. She's beautiful, smart, and she has charisma! When she walks into a room, it lights up with her fun personality! And she truly cares about other people. I thank God for giving us such a precious daughter who we love so much!





She is about to start her senior year at college and then she will be starting her own life as an elementary school teacher (just like her mom!). She will probably be a wife and a mother before too long, too.







And I know she is going to be awesome in all those roles! I can't wait to see what fun things are waiting around life's corner for her. We love you Ashley!!! Happy Birthday!!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Ashley! Happy Mothers Day, sounds to me like you are doing a great job raising your kids! Keep it up :) Only 16 days to go until summer......

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what a wonderful post to your daughter!!!! she is beautiful inside and out!!!!!!

    happy mothers day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Betsy, I found you through Caroline. You're daughter is beautiful and I hope she had a wonderful birthday, and you a fantastic Mother's Day.

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)