Saturday, May 31, 2008

Risky Business

Are you a risk taker? I totally am not! But Mark is!! For his 18th birthday we gave him a skydiving trip. He wasn't able to go before now because we've been too busy or the weather was bad. But today was the day! He did it!! He went with his best friend Michael (our next door neighbor) and Steve. Only he and Michael did the jump. I didn't want to watch it, so I just stayed home. But he brought home a video and cool pictures. I will try to put the video on YouTube maybe tomorrow. It was so FUN to watch! He had the best time. He said it was the biggest rush of his life.






Tonight was our Sunday School Class cookout. It was way hot today...90 degrees and extremely humid. We thought it was going to thunderstorm, but it turned out beautiful!! It got cool late in the day and we just hung out and talked and had a great time! I'm thankful for all these sweet couples! At the cookout, I found out that one of my friends has a blog and I didn't even know it! How fun!!

If you get a chance, stop by and say "hi" to Kellie. What a sweet, sweet girl! She is married to Brad, who looks just like Ryan Seacrest to me, and has two absolutely precious children!!




Unfortunately, the thermostat is not working upstairs in our house right now. Not sure what the problem is, but it is like a sauna up here. All of our bedrooms except for Ashley's is up here! Looks like we'll be sleeping in as little as possible tonight with the covers OFF!


7 comments:

Kellie DeLange said...

Thanks for mentioning me tonight!!! That was so sweet of you!!

mer said...

Betsy...your son IS SO brave. I would never ever try something like that!

Looks like you had a fun time tonight. I visited Kellie's blog. She's so cute.

Leigh Ann said...

Hi Betsy. That cook-out looked like fun. Sorry your air is out upstairs. That is the pits!!! I love that first pic of Mark and his friend. They look so tough! I could never do something like that. I am NOT a risk taker, but I admire those that are. I don't think I could watch Evan jump out of a plane, either! I visited Kellie and let her a note. What a cute family she has!

Faith said...

Wow, your son must have no fear! I would be terrified! Glad he had fun and is safe and sound!
I love Sunday School cookouts! They are so much fun and such a good way to get to know people in a different way than you can on Sunday mornings. Glad y'all had a great evening for it.
Hope the air gets fixed soon...it is HOT today!

Christal said...

Ski diving how fun what awesome parents you are I would love that I think! The cook out looks like so much fun! Love that game we have played it here too its fun the kids loved it!
Rachael ray thing right there with you how ridiculous eh!! Well have a great week !!ttys

Megan L Hutchings said...

I cannot believe Mark went skydiving!!!!! You are such a wonderful, brave mom ;)!

I am so glad that the air is fixed and life is cool again.

Melissa said...

No way on the sky diving!! That's crazy! I'm so glad you got the A/C fixed, I don't know how you survived :)