Thursday, April 3, 2008

Spaghetti Dinner

It's been a very busy day here. Sometimes I wonder if the trip is worth it when there is so much to do to get ready to go. Not only do I have stuff at home (laundry, dog arrangements, packing, making sure the house is clean, etc...), but I have to get everything ready at school for starting back the day after Spring Break (lesson plans, materials, etc...) But, who am I kidding? OF COURSE it's worth it!!! I will realize that as I am lying poolside soaking up the rays with a good book or magazine and a drink in my hand! Today I had a voicemail from Lindy and when I listened to it, it just played Kenny Chesney's "Outta Here". That was so funny and so appropriate for the way I feel today! Just let me pack up the car and head south!! Even the car ride sounds fun--me and a pillow! :) That's what I'm talkin' about!

So, Steve's mom and dad were sweet enough to invite us over for a spaghetti dinner tonight. Any food somebody wants to cook for me is always welcome and she is a wonderful cook!!



Here is Laura at Granny's table.



I don't know if you can see out the sliding glass door, but they have a great porch for sitting on when the weather is nice. We love doing that!



It was so nice over there. They had a fire going since it's like winter here again. And the dinner was delicious. Plus we always have lots of good conversation and laughs when we go visit.



Their house is so peaceful...so unlike mine most of the time. I am looking forward to being the grandma one day with the peaceful and serene house that never gets dirty.



Then we stopped by my brother and sister-in-law(Blake and Angie's) house to drop off her birthday present. Her birthday is tomorrow, but we won't be here. Hopefully we can go to dinner together soon. We are both in the same boat right now. She is a pastor's wife with four kids and a life going full steam ahead like me! It is hard to find time to coordinate our schedules. We love you, Angie!! Have a great birthday!

5 comments:

  1. Where are ya'll going on spring break????

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was at your page and summertime by kenny c came on...such a great song!!! it always reminds me of when i saw him in concert a few summers ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. im like kelly....why are you not telling us where you are going.....we need to know!!!!!! pool????? sounds wonderful. Have a safe trip and document it all for us with pictures!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops! I thought I had said we're going to West Palm Beach, Florida!! 80 degrees and sunny all week!!! I will definitely take pictures and keep you updated. I have become a picture freak lately! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have so much fun on your trip!! Get a jump on those tans eh!! I love this house it looks so beatiful warm and inviting ! I with you if it gets me out of cooking I'm there!! Well have a fun trip!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)