Tuesday, April 29, 2008

NOT A FAN!!

When I got home from school today, I walked to my mailbox and I could hear Rocky barking his head off!!! I thought he was barking at the dog behind us, but when I went outside to call him in, I could see that he was barking at something in the natural area. I didn't really want to investigate. I didn't want to know what it was!! Our last dog, Buddy, a beagle, died after getting bit in the face by a copperhead in our backyard.

Anyway, I came in and started doing some things when a knock came at my door. It was Melissa, my neighbor, Candy's daughter. She said, "Could Mark come down and help us kill a snake?" So I sent Mark down to the rescue. A few minutes later, Candy came by and said, "You've got to come see this snake. You aren't going to believe it!"

She was right. Oh my goodness, that thing was HUGE!! Mark cut its head off with a hoe in the driveway. (He said he felt bad about it, though.) Look how long that thing was!! Over three feet even without its head!



Here is its head still in the grass. Eeeeewwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Candy is trying to scrub the blood off the driveway with coke.



Ok--NO THANK YOU!!!! I am so NOT A FAN of snakes!! I'm still not sure if that's what Rocky was barking at in our yard and I don't think I ever want to know. But I did put it in a box to take to school tomorrow. haha We are learning about oviparous animals (animals that lay eggs) and they will be amazed! :)

On a totally different note, Ashley went to see Kenny Chesney Saturday night in Columbia. It was a HUGE concert in their football stadium. She told us that as he was coming up on an elevator at the beginning of the concert, his foot got caught in the trap door!! He couldn't get it out and had to stop singing.

Here is the YouTube video of it.

">

This is what the paper had to say:
The show went on, but Kenny Chesney was in obvious pain Saturday night (April 26) after bones in his foot were crushed during an equipment malfunction as his performance began in Columbia, S.C. The sold-out concert before a crowd of 44,424 at Williams-Brice Stadium was the first stadium date of his current Poets & Pirates tour.

Though his toes sustained most of the damage -- and he is basically a hematoma from the ankle down, Chesney -- who needed two shots of morphine for pain after leaving the stage -- is optimistic that careful monitoring this weekend and paying attention to the wear and tear this week will return him to full flexibility and strength in a matter of weeks.

Isn't that crazy??

5 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

Your son is amazing Betsy...YUCK, YUCK, YUCK!

Melissa said...

That is crazy about Kenny chesney! Snakes don't bother me, Bobby and I actually have two of them! :)

Caroline said...

SNAKES......

yuck
yuck
yuck
yuck
yuck

Patti's Chat said...

Flash back memories of the snake that Mark "rescued" from my garage many years ago. Then he shared it with McKee Elementary for a few weeks, remember? Makes me laugh. Love that story! "Don't worry Ms. Patti, I'll get it for you!" tee hee!

Christal said...

eeewww eeewww yuck I hate snakes!!! I was so afraid I'd meet up with one in Florida thank goodness we didn't !! Your son is brave that is awesome!
That is horrible about Kenny chesney that would hurt!! ttyl