Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Joy Prom

Tonight I am going to a meeting to get ready for something I am so excited about. It is called Joy Prom and this year is the second time our church has hosted the event. We invite special needs individuals from all over the community to come to a prom hosted just for them and meant to make them feel like royalty!!



We provide anything and everything someone might need for a magical night. We have dresses, tuxes, & jewelry.

We provide make overs for the ladies...



and shoe shines for the guys.


Everyone is brought up to the door in a limo and the emcee announces their name and as they walk down the red carpet, everyone cheers and claps and takes their picture!






Our church members are assigned to be someone's date for the night. Once you have your date, it is your job to make sure that person has the time of their life!! And we spare no expense.



Our church recreation center is decorated with twinkle lights, balloons and mood lighting. We have a DJ and the party is ON!! Last year, my kids could not stop talking about it. They had the best time and are so pumped to do it again this year!! I didn't get to go last year, so I can't wait. This Friday night is going to be a night of blessing for me, I'm sure. I'll let you know how it goes!!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

how cool!! sounds like fun

Megan L Hutchings said...

This is absolutely the sweetest thing I have ever heard! I wish I could come and help with the event!

Caroline said...

oh my Betsy....what a great idea. I wish i could go to that!!!!! what a wonderful treat for them!!!!!!

Christal said...

What a wonderful idea !! What a great oppurtunity you guys are so awesome!! They must have so fun !!

Kelly said...

This is a PRECIOUS idea! I love your church so much for doing this! How special this must make all the prom goers feel! Who ever came up with this idea is a genius!

Kelly said...

Ijust found your blog through "In the Midst of It" and had to say- WOW! This is the most awesome idea- what a way to be the hands of Jesus in your community. Your church must be fantastic to have such compassion for those who are too often overlooked. I am just blessed by reading about this.