Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I Got Tagged!

Oh Wow!! I have never been tagged before, but I got tagged by my sweet blogging friend, Megan & just realized it!! How fun!!

What were you doing 10 years ago?

Hmm.....let's see. It was 1998 & I had an 11 year old, an 8 year old, and 7 year old twins and I was only 34! I was teaching kindergarten at Carmel Christian School with 3 of my very best friends and having so much fun doing it. I lived in an awesome neighborhood full of lots of couples our age and lots of kids for our kids to play with. And of course, we were very active in our church and with our families. Life was good!!

Five Things On My To-Do List Today
1. Laundry!!
2. Lesson Plans
3. Run to Wal-Mart
4. Send an e-mail to the ladies in my Sunday School class
5. Pick up a prescription

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
*Send all my kids to any college anywhere completely debt free
*Pay for all my daughters' weddings with cash
*Hire an interior decorator
*TRAVEL!!!! (so many places we want to go!)
*Give to my church
*Invest
*Donate money to several charities
*Buy a house in Florida and an apartment in NYC and maybe one in Colorado!
*Help any family members who needed it

Three of my bad habits
*Drinking too much coke and not enough water
*Staying up too late
*Making piles of stuff instead of just putting it away--especially books and magazines!

Five Places I Have Lived
*Baton Rouge, Louisiana
*Waco, Texas
*Nashville, Tennessee
*Columbia, Tennessee
*Charlotte, North Carolina

Five Jobs I Have Had:
*Scooping ice cream at Baskin Robbins (Steve worked there, too!! We were both 15 and had our first kiss in the walk in freezer!!)
*Selling candy at the Sears candy counter
*Medical transcriptionist for a vascular surgeon when I was in college at Carolina
*Transcribing interviews in the Oral History department at Baylor University
*Teaching!!

I tag:
Anyone who wants to play along! :)

4 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

I had no idea you lived in Tennessee...when? Did your kids go to school here? Please come and visit!

Caroline said...

oh betsy i just loved reading this!!!!!!! first kiss in the walk in freezer...THAT IS SO FUN!!!! I worked at a snow cone place and i am sad to say zero kissing went on there hahahahhahhahahhahhah!!!!! waco???????? that is fantastic

Brent said...

I'll play along - though you probably know all of this already:

What were you doing 10 years ago?
First job out of college, working for E&Y doing consulting, living in a corporate apartment in NYC.


Five Things On My To-Do List Today
1. Work
2. Play basketball
3. Spend time with Bailey & Britney
4. Uh....
5. I'm boring...

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
*Quit My Job
*Become a basketball coach
*Put my daughter through private school
*Travel

Three of my bad habits
*Too much coffee
*Too much time in the 'gray' areas of life
*Not living in the 'here & now'

Five Places I Have Lived
*Columbia, Tennessee
*Charlotte, North Carolina
*Raleigh, NC
*Memphis, TN
*Dallas, TX (for a summer)

Five Jobs I Have Had:
*Candy counter at Outlet Square (where the new Home Depot is!)
*Phone support at IBM
*High school teacher
*Manager at FedEx.com
*Consultant

Christal said...

That was fun to learn more about you. But one question what did you do in waco tx j/k!!
You are so cute! Your always serving others I love it what a great example you are!!